Pregnant Belly Cake

Decorating By hugs28 Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 1:45am by hugs28

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 7

hi everyone, I just got a request for a pregnant belly cake with the footprint on the belly. I think its going to be fun to do, however I have a couple questions???

1. What type of cake can or would you use for it?

2. filling? nothing too sweet ( she asked for whipped cream and strawberries, but not sure if that would work or not)

3. Needs to be for 40-50 people, not sure how big to go etc....

To anyone who has done one of these, would you mind telling me how you went about it. I have a basic idea, but this girl already told me she is a control freak lol, so I need it to be PERFECT icon_smile.gif

thanks bunches icon_smile.gif

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, sorry I haven't made one of these, but hope this might help,

http://foro.univision.com/univision/board/message?board.id=reposteras&message.id=155116

And if you are using whipped cream and strawberries, ones you have filled the cake, its need to be refridgerated. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 7

I think most people bake a sheet cake and then put the belly on the sheet cake. But some people do just make the belly and boobs. So pick which one your doing and go from there.

If you're going to make the sheet cake. Make it and then cover it in fondant. Bake the belly in a ball pan or an oven safe glass bowl. Bake the boobs in a small ball pan or again in smaller oven safe bowls.

Put the belly and boobs on the sheet cake and cover in fondant. I would probably put some little dowels in the sheet cake for under the belly and boobs just to make sure that the cake is supported.

And then have fun decorating it. Hope this helps.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

Oh - I forgot that I was going to suggest that you use SMBC. It's not very sweet but it is just delicious.

I love this recipe!
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/5453/the-well-dressed-cake-swiss-meringue-buttercream-with-variations

hugs28 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 7

Ok well, thats the problem, I don't know how much cake I would need for 40-50 people. She really would like just the belly and boobs, not the cake under it.

I know they would have to be refrigerated, but I was worried if it would make the cake slide or not.

I will try the icing, thanks

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 7

for 40-50 people you might want to do the sheet cake underneath. It really doesn't effect the look of the belly and boobs, just gives them more cake and then that way the filling can be in the sheet cake and you don't have to worry about the filling in the boobs and belly. I did one, it's in my pics and they're fun to do!

hugs28 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:45am
post #7 of 7

I think she may want to do a few small cakes around that belly cake, she is really set on it just being by itself, I think 3-4 6" cakes along with that should cover it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%