Need Your Creative Juices For Kitchen Cake!

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 12:06am by chanielisalevy

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:02am
post #1 of 7

I am endeavoring to make a 3-4 foot L-shaped cake to resemble a kitchen counter with cabintery underneath, sink in counter, stove and oven, etc. The counter will be filled with cooking and baking items. The theme of the event this is for is cooking/cookbooks, etc. This will be the centerpiece cake for the event. I need any and all ideas....I searched the galleries and saved all the adorable pictures of kitchens to get me started. The overall look should be not a messy kitchen, per se, like with egg all over the floor, or whatever, but rather a kitchen that's in the muddle of a cooking marathon. Any idea on the construction? Rice crispie treats for stability instead of cakes, or should I stick with cake and dowel the heck out of it? Any cute ideas for the counter top? I have 8 weeks till the cake is due...it's for a school wide tea for mothers (a private school with 800 students, so the party will ahev a few hundred attendees) last year they wouldn't cut my cake (a backpack cake for a school theme) they fed the backpack to 300 elementary school girls the next day in school!) so it doesn't necessarily have to feed all the attendees, but we want it to make a splash! So all your advice/idea will be GREATLY appreciated! TIA

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 7

For the counter top, you could do a tile pattern. Maybe use a couple different colors. It would be time consuming, but really cute. It sounds like you have a lot of work to do! I can't wait to see the cake.

I'd say make a cake and dowel the heck out of it. But that's just me.

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 7

You can look at my Thanksgiving Table cake. There are alot of little things that would go in a kitchen and look cute on the counters or table.

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 7

you MUST check out www.pinkcakebox.com, and go to their Racheal Ray cake... OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Go now!! Look!!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 7

Wow, this sounds like both a challenging cake, but a really fun one at the same time. Since the last cake did get served, I'd make it out of cake, and use RKT where necessary.

You could always put a mixer on the counter with a cake under construction next to it, spatula, piping bags, rolling pin, all the decorating items needed.

I REALLY want to see this cake once it's done.

chanielisalevy Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all of yours. ANyone have any constuction advice or any more ideas for what to include? Thanks in advance! I'm excited about the cake but since it is such a big project for me I wnt to approach it in the best way Please hold my hand through it! Many thanks for your ideas.

chanielisalevy Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 12:06am
post #7 of 7

Hi all, I'm stll working on the design of this cake and plan to start the baking this week. Anyone else have anything to add? PRETTY PLEASE? All your ideas are extremely helpful! Thanks in advance!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%