Help, Mmf Not Very Stretchy??

Decorating By ybeal Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 4:00am by cabecakes

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 6

It's not very stretchy/elastic, a little crumbly, is there any way to salvage it??

I've made it many times without fail and this is the first time it hasn't been right icon_sad.gif

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 6

Try kneading in a little bit of shortening or some glycerin. I've had it come out like that a couple of times, without being able to figure out why.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:06am
post #3 of 6

I've added more melted marshmallows when it's too dry (and shortening or water don't help).

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:27am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the tips, I've added some shortening and it's not as crumbly and more smooth...just worried about when I roll it out and put on the cake, will it tear if it's not that stretchy?

I swear I did everything the same, don't know what happened icon_redface.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 6

Try rolling it out and placing it over a box edge or your finger tips. If it cracks there, you might want to loosen it up more.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:00am
post #6 of 6

The only time I had MMF do this was when I used miniature marshmallows instead of the regular marshmallows. I don't know what the difference was, but that was the only thing I did different. I know some recipes call for the miniature marshmallows, but I have always used the regular.

*editted to add- I fixed the problem by adding more marshmallow and it came out fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%