Black Piping On White Fondant

Decorating By WildSugar Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm by __Jamie__

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a wedding cake in January that has black (and maybe red) piping on white fondant. I've never done one with that color combo and i'm nervous about the black bleeding on the white. I use MMF and either royal icing or buttercream to pipe with.

Does it actually bleed? And if it does, what is a good way to prevent it? Is there a better frosting to use to pipe that wont bleed? TIA!!!

*Just wanted to add, i'm SURE this has been asked before, but i'm not sure how to search it. If someone wants to point me in the right direction to another thread, i'd appreciate that too!

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSugar

*Just wanted to add, i'm SURE this has been asked before, but i'm not sure how to search it. If someone wants to point me in the right direction to another thread, i'd appreciate that too!

icon_confused.gif What is everyone gonna start adding this disclaimer now? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Lol...just kidding Wild. Stick to RI or even black piping gel (my personal fave). The BC has more of a chance to seep.

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSugar

icon_confused.gif What is everyone gonna start adding this disclaimer now? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Lol...just kidding Wild. Stick to RI or even black piping gel (my personal fave). The BC has more of a chance to seep.

LOL! Just gotta be clear around here!

Do you make piping gel or buy it pre-made? I've never used it before...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 4

I get the fairly large tubs of it in the Wilton aisle, it's clear and doesn't need much color to get rich black, way less than RI or BC would require.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%