Wedding Cake Design Pro

Decorating By StacyR Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm by StacyR

StacyR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyR Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used this program to design cakes or know anyone who has? I cannot draw to save my life and was hoping it would be helpful. At $70, I wanted to make sure it was worth it first.

http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/index.html

Thanks!!

Stacy

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 8

You should talk to KHalstead about it. She absolutely loves it and has done wonderful things with the program.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 8

I just got the program and I love it! There's a learning curve and you need to make sure your computer meets the requirements for it to run properly, but it's a great tool!

StacyR Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you both so much! I'm ordering it now.

Mark-Mexicano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark-Mexicano Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 8

Hey I posted about this a lil wile ago here's what some people said.....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6597358-.html#6597358

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Mexicano

Hey I posted about this a lil wile ago here's what some people said.....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6597358-.html#6597358

Oh, thanks. That's so helpful!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 8

I posted pics on the other thread listed up there. I absolutely LOVE the program, yes I wish there were more color options (they do give you about 60+ colors though)..but I just wish I could lighten or darken certain colors they have. You are limited with the types of toppers you can put on (either a bouquet of flowers, the letters WCD or a bride and groom)....other than that, I absolutely LOVE the program! It does take some getting used to, but it has really helped me a lot as far as allowing bride's to envision their cakes. I've had several brides who actually changed their mind after seeing the 3-D mock up (who knows what kind of aggravation it saved me there?) and realized that the style and colors THEY chose, just did NOT work together. Brides don't always take your word for it, they think they know what they want...sometimes seeing it in 3-D form helps to see that certain things just don't work well together.

I got mine for less than $40 on cal java onlin dot com and don't regret the money spent!

StacyR Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 8

I should have looked for another thread before posting...sorry!

Your cakes vs. computer images are incredible! I'm so impressed. Thanks for taking the time, everyone, to give your thoughts on this. I'm definitely going to order it.

Stacy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%