Advertise On The Knot?

Business By cakedout Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 3:16am by CakeForte

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 5

OK, I read a few comments already that some of you feel advertising on the Knot is worthless...but I could use more input:

-cost of their advertising?
-does it include the website AND local magazine, or is the magazine ad extra?
-do you actually get business from it? or simply 'name recognition'?

thanks for sharing! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 5

I know what the costs are for the one in my area, you will need to contact the advertising folks for the area you are in for an accurate price.

They charge a couple of different ways - online only, print only, and then a combo of both.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 5

All you can do is try it. Make sure you ask each bride how they found you, then you'll know if the $$$ has paid off for you.

Jen icon_smile.gif

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

In Central PA it's $120.00 per month. Does NOT include the Mag. if you add the Mag. it will be well over $300.00 per month.

Just tell your brides to go out there and talk about your cakes, ask them to provide feedback on the knot and vote for you on there as well.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

Depends on if the brides in your area use it or not. With any advertising, the only way to see if it works is to track your leads. The knot worked for me as they were the only paid ads I did for years.

The ONLY reasons that I stopped using them was because school got too crazy to focus on my business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%