I Am So Lost Please Help

Decorating By chezzajd Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 1:41pm by Loucinda

chezzajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzajd Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 6

hi guys, a friend of mine wants a princess cake for her daughter, and she wants it covered in tiny beads, i have never attempted anything like beading bead effect or fancy bead topper sprays on my cakes before, and i have no idea where to start, please help,
thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 6

Hi there, are you going to make a round or square cake? And she wants it to be covered in beads/pearls?

There are few ways to make pearls. You can use a mold to make a string of pearls or make by hand. Here is a great step by step on making them,

http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page36.htm

Here is the link to the pearl maker I have,

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16595&name=Pearl%20Bead%20%204mm%20Mold%20by%20CK

There are few sizes on them.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

chezzajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzajd Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 6

hi its a round stacked 2tier 10" bottom tier, 8" top, covered in beads and pears with a feather and bead spray on top, thanks for your links i will definatly be checking them out.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 6

If you have lots of time you can roll your fondant out to a consistent thickness (I use dowel rods on each side to make sure it it all evenly rolled) then cut rounds with your tips - using a large (2D) for large balls and a 12 (big end) for smaller ones. That way they are all consistent.

I love the pearl maker too for a "strand" of pearls.

You can see I use the balls a lot in my pics.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

If you need a million, I would buy premade ones...

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 6

One other thing I know someone has done - if you need bigger ones, use the white chocolate malted milk balls and paint them.

BTW - I got my pearl mold from JenniferMI - and am making a new list of goodies I want from her site! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%