I Just Received A Beautiful Message!

Lounge By mcaulir Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 5:18am by mcaulir

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:58am
post #1 of 6

From an ex-student from about 6 years ago via facebook. She's applied to study teaching because I inspired her in Year Six. I've had a smile on my face ever since. If I wasn't a facebook-er, I doubt I would ever have heard from her. Hooray for new technologies!

Makes me feel like the last 9 years of teaching might have been worth something.

icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:28am
post #2 of 6

That is very special. You should be very proud of the positive influence you had in this woman's life!

I've sent that kind of letter to a number of teachers and mentors in my life. I think it's very important to express gratitude to the people who help shape you and influence your life.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:36am
post #3 of 6

That is wonderful. I know it's much better confirmation coming from a student that you are a great teacher. thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 6

How lovely! I'm sure that one small thing must cancel out one large heap of crap, knowing what many teachers have to work with.

Good for you! thumbs_up.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #5 of 6

Mcaulir, its teachers like you that sent me back to school to become one myself, thank you from across the globe! I only hope I can be as good a teacher as some that I have had.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:18am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I certainly usually dwell on the things I haven't done right, so it was an amazing thing to hear.
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%