Looking For Instructions

Decorating By customcakes1961 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 3:52am by customcakes1961

customcakes1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcakes1961 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:33am
post #1 of 8

i am looking for the instruction for a cake published in an older issue of the wilton book. it is a scooby doo cake that looks like a giant triple decker cheeseburger. if any one has anything that will help i would be very greatful!!!
Frantic in Iowa

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:41am
post #2 of 8

Are you talking about the character pan where he is going to bite a large hamburger? There are instructions for most of the wilton character pans here on the site.They are listed under Wilton Character Pan Instruction Request in the main topic section.Have a look there!

customcakes1961 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 8

no its a 3d cake full standing on its own

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:54am
post #4 of 8

can you scan the photo and show us what you mean? Lots of us here can help you carve the bad boy up!!!

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:16am
post #5 of 8

Do you have an ideal of what year it came out in the Wilton Yearbook. I have old issues. I hope I have the one you need. HTH
Hammy

customcakes1961 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 8

the issue may have been as far back as 2000. i remember it takes 2 12" chocolate cakes (one for each patty) with the tops leveled and 1 white 12" cake. U take the white cake and level it and use the bottom of the cake for the bottom of the bun and the top for the top of the "cheeseburger" and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Then use buttercream frosting to form the "condiments" in between the layers.

Geez as I am typing i am remembering more and more how to make it. I do have a picture of it the last time i made it loose among the 5000 photos i don't have organized yet! icon_sad.gif with no time to look for it. sry

u guys r great though. thanks for the help. let me know if u find anything. would luv to return the favor someday.
Becky

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 8

2000 Wilton Year Book, page 9. Scooby-Doo Skyburger
Pans: 7x 2 in., 8 x2 in Round
Tips: 6,7,44,104,364,
Colors: Orange, Red-Red, Leaf Green, Lemon Yellow
Also: Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing-White, Chocolate(1can each), Tapered Spatula, Wooden Dowel rods, Scooby-Doo Candle, Cake Boards

Directions: Bake four 7 in. cakes (each 1 1/2 in. high) and two 8 in. cakes (each 1 1/2 in. high). Position 8 in. cake on top of foil-covered cake board and insert dowel rods; position 7 in. round cake board on top.
Lightly ice two 7 in. cakes with tapered spatula and choc. icing; ice textured sides to resemble hamburger. Place 1 choc-iced cake on cake board; use tip 6 to outline and pipe in cheese triangles. Place another 7 in. cake on top of hamburger. Lightly ice sides in white. Pipe a loose tip 104 ruffle of lettuce around bottom edge. Working from bottom of cake up, pipe tomatoes with tip 7 redlines overpiped with tip 44 band. Repeat tomato/lettuce layers completely aroundcake. Next, pipe onions using tip 364 and same technique as for tomatoes. Pipe onions around cake, overlapping some. Pipe a top layer of tip 104 loose ruffle lettuce. Dowel rod next two cakes, position 7 in. round cake boardon top of previous layers and position second layer choc-iced hamburger. Pipe tip 6 cheese triangles as before.

customcakes1961 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:52am
post #8 of 8

thank you very much that will help soo much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%