Bake Sale Questions

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 11:49pm by cylstrial

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 8

A friend of mine is planning to sell baked goods at a local craft fair. She asked me for suggestions on how many goodies to make. I havent done a bake sale in 20 years (I was 5 at the time, LOL! Or maybe I just acted like a 5 yr old, I don't remember LOL!), so Im no help. Any thoughts?

So far shes thinking of pumpkin spice muffins, choc chip cookies, choc dipped marshmallows and RK Treats. She also thought about selling bottled water. Thanks for any suggestions.

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 8

You could sell cupcakes or mini cupcakes as well. Or possibly offer some cookies decorated with RI. Or pretzels dipped in chocolate.

I think selling water is good idea as well.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 8

Cake balls.... have a few samples icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Cake balls.... have a few samples icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Oh yes! They are so awesome!! You have to have those there! icon_biggrin.gif

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 8

Are you asking how many she needs to make total or how many different types?

If she is wondering how many she needs to make she needs to find out what her foot traffic will be like. The person running the fair should be able to give her an estimate of attendees. Also, will there be other bakers there? How many? Where will her location be? Location, location, location. She needs to start with the factual numbers and go from there.

cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 8

I thought of some more. What about brownies or pieces of fudge?

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 8

Chocolate popcorn or kettle corn is good. I did kettle corn at a bake sale and it sold out (we put a small bowl with samples). We packed them in the 2 sizes of baggies (the kind you have to tie closed); the sandwich size is good for one person and the larger one is good to share.

The Kettle Corn gets made in a Whirly Pop popper; the instructions come with the popper.

For the chocolate popcorn, just melt some candy melts, drizzle over the already popped corn, spread on wax paper to cool, then break apart and package. Do different colors separately, then you can combine them in the bags.

Chocolate covered marshmallows are good too.

cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8

No bake cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%