Using Candy Molds

Sugar Work By TPACakeGirl Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 5:55pm by Tammies_Cakes

TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPACakeGirl Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 6

I've never made chocolate candies, but I have to make a cake that uses a mold. How do I do that? Do I just melt the candy, pour it in the mold and chill, or do I have to add something to the chocolate?

Thanks.

5 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 6

I'm sorry I guess I'm just not getting your question. Are you asking about molded candies or making a cake in something like a Bundt pan?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, your question is unclear. "I have to make a cake that uses a mold." is the confusing part. Is the cake going in a mold? Or are you decorating the cake with molded chococlates?

sweet-n-sassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-n-sassy Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:39am
post #4 of 6

i'm a little confused by what you mean, but i think your asking about making candies in a mold. the easiest thing to do is buy coating chocolate (also called candy melts) and all you have to do is melt it in the microwave, fill your molds, and then wait for it to set up completly (overnight if you have time). when your ready to take them out of the molds, put them in the frezzer for a min or two. and they should come right out. hope this helps!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:49am
post #5 of 6

yes, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or a pan inside another pan) with water maybe an inch or so in pan....with chocolate in upper pan....I usually add a small about of crisco to thin the chocolate nad it adds shine. hen stir until completely melted then pour into molds and refrigerate. HTH

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

yes, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or a pan inside another pan) with water maybe an inch or so in pan....with chocolate in upper pan....I usually add a small about of crisco to thin the chocolate nad it adds shine. hen stir until completely melted then pour into molds and refrigerate. HTH

I use a 3qt crockpot for melting chocolate.( have a bad back so am limited to standing for long periods of time) so with this I can sit and dip my candy.
Tammie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%