Just Walk Away From The Cake!!!........

Decorating By Jan14grands Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 4:38pm by mom2twogrlz

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 12

Wow, I just had to do that - everything I touch is going wrong icon_sad.gif Breathe, take a break and go at it again.. Sorry, just had to vent. Why are some days "just like that"?

11 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 12

I know the feeling. I just had to walk away for this wedding cake I'm doing. Darn it all.

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 12

More problems on the same cake this morning! I think I need to take a break from cake decorating - too much going on now - building a new house and all of the decisions there.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 12

I know and it seems like once one cake starts going wrong, they all do!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 12

wow....jan14grands...we are like two pees in a pod today! I am having issues with mine and am afraid to even pick it back up again this morning. But the good news is when I finally walked away last night at 1:30 in the morning, after working on it since 9 am with little break, I was horrified that I would have to redo all my fondant work today. Looking at it now, I only have to redo part of it....it's the little things.

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 12

Isn't that the truth Kitagrl! Some people just make it look so easy, but even on the cake shows on tv, they have plenty of problems. I guess, we just have to learn to adjust and move on. Still too stressful and maddening! So sorry mom2twogrlz... no fun, is it? I, like you, worked all day yesterday. But not until 1:30am! I just hope they love the cake today> Dreading transporting it

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 12

I always know when it's time to walk away a little by my actions. When I start getting wreckless, or clumsy, I know I'm growing impatient and need to take a break. Unfortunately, I can never feel it coming on, so I usually have something to correct when I come back to it. icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 12

That was me yesterday = wreckless and clumsy icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 12

Totally agreeicon_smile.gif When it's a bad cake day, bad fondant day, bad icing day...it helps to let all the components rest/settle and come back in a few hours - otherwise the cake might end up smashed against a wall in anger - which is so much extra work to cleanicon_smile.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 12

HEAR, HEAR; I learned the hard way throwing a canister of sugar across the room at my (at the time) DH was not a good thing. icon_redface.gif

And can you believe we lived thru it? 36 years in counting. thumbs_up.gif And after putting all of his clothes on the front lawn in bonfire position with a gasoline can next to them when he came home from work. Or changing all the locks on all of the doors and going to mothers. Oh the list goes on and on but the makeup .....

Sounds like major Friday the 13th going on yesterday!!

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 9:17pm
post #11 of 12

Well fellow cc'rs, I just delivered the cake and all went well! I'm so glad it is out of my hands or I wouldn 't have any hair left! BUT, the ride home was the kicker -- to make things worse -- I got pulled over for a dead inspection sticker!!!!! Only a couple of weeks, and on a new car at that! Just made my day (sarcasim)

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:38pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan14grands

Well fellow cc'rs, I just delivered the cake and all went well! I'm so glad it is out of my hands or I wouldn 't have any hair left! BUT, the ride home was the kicker -- to make things worse -- I got pulled over for a dead inspection sticker!!!!! Only a couple of weeks, and on a new car at that! Just made my day (sarcasim)

of course....when it rains it pours!!!!! Sorry about the ticket, but glad the cake made it safe and sound. As it turns out, my cake wasn't so bad either. The birthday boys and all the crowd loved it, and that is all that matters. Luckily for me the transport was only 5 minutes away!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%