Anybody Not Gaining Weight?!!

Lounge By Jan14grands Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 2:02pm by Lita829

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:09pm
post #31 of 54

I know what you mean about hubby - he LOVES the cut off tops or scraps and it shows. On both of us. Yes, each decade makes it harder to lose or maintain. A couple of years ago, I exercised first thing in the morning - it was hard to start like someone said, but when I got in the routine, I was amazed - curbed my appetite, had more energy, etc. Just have to do that again.

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:54pm
post #32 of 54

i'm with grandmom on this one.
must have sugar.
the only thing that works for me is if i eat lots of sweets, i skip meals.
my great-grandmother was the baker who pioneered this diet and she didn't retire from her catering business until she was 90.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:14am
post #33 of 54

I'm not....but I work out regularly and I watch what I eat to balance things out a little.

Don't quit baking and decorating....if you are like most of us on this site, its your passion. Never give up on something you are passionate about. Just sample in moderation icon_wink.gif.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:18am
post #34 of 54

I LOVE SUGAR and have struggled with weight all my life. The heaviest I've ever been has been 158 lb.s and the lowest 115 (I'm 5'6).

The best diet I found that works for me is call FAT LOSS FOR IDIOTS. It's an 11 day diet where you pick the foods you like from a list provided. You learn to eat 4 small meals a day and drink about 10 glasses of water. It teaches you to eat small FREQUENT meals so that you are never starving.
After the 11 days you go off for 3 day and eat anything you want. (You always have that to look forward to). Then you can just keep repeating the process until you are at the weight you want to be.

It's the best diet I've found that works for ME!!! judge.gif Right now I weigh 120 and will be on my three days off starting tomorrow. I have to say I am always willing to get back on the diet after the 3 days because I don't feel so great after eating the things I've been staying away from.

My favorite saying I keep in my bathroom is, "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels"!!!

You guys have a lot of great ideas to! I've used a lot of them before!

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:53pm
post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydoglady

i'm with grandmom on this one.
must have sugar.
the only thing that works for me is if i eat lots of sweets, i skip meals.
my great-grandmother was the baker who pioneered this diet and she didn't retire from her catering business until she was 90.

Your grandmother and great-grandmother sound like my kind of women!
icon_biggrin.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 4:08pm
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

My favorite saying I keep in my bathroom is, "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels"!!!

I love that. It may be superficial (some may say) but feeling good about the way I look makes a lot of things seem better!

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #37 of 54

I gained about 23 lbs after my birth of my son and my cake decorating ( I started when he was 1, for his bday cake!).

But just over a year ago, I said to myself " enough is enough". So I started using this free website with lots of cool tools. www.sparkpeople.com. It's amazing, ITS FREE!

So I workout regularly now. I've lost a total of 40 lbs! I gained about 4-5 back but I'm back on track and definitely losing them soon. My workouts vary all the time. I've done Tae Bo, 30 day Shred, ZUMBA (LOVE IT!!!), P90X (LOVE IT!!!), and most recently I started INSANITY with hubby. I am extremely sore. It's kicking my butt. But Imean the holidays are coming up. I HAVE to get into shape or else I know I'll gain!

cocobean Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #38 of 54

Tellis, I'm glad you like the saying to. I heard it first from a women on T.V. (years ago) who had lost a lot of weight. She was just sooo happy with how much better she felt. I remember her saying when she caught herself making the same mistakes that made her gain the weight in the first place, she always reminded herself that "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". She said it stopped her from overeating.

I think it is important that she used the word "feels" thumbs_up.gif instead of maybe using the word "looks".

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #39 of 54

I am not. I can't say I ever could blame my cake making business for weight gain, although I've had my ups and downs (A huge, long lasting up after both of my pregnancies...).

I'm a runner, and a weight lifter, and love the way that makes me feel! I sample a small bit of my cakes and icings, but the rest gets out of reach as soon as possible to avoid munching! icon_smile.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 5:04pm
post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoudek

I chew Doublemint gum while caking. Something to do with the minty taste to me just tastes yucky with sweet sugar tasting stuff. The challenge is making sure to put that stick of gum in my mouth in the first place.

The mint is supposed to be a pick-me-up as well so hopefully it keeps you alert and energized while doing those cakes!

For me, after doing so many cakes, I just don't have any interest in eating them. Now the cookies...that's different. I have to force myself not to eat them!

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 5:13pm
post #41 of 54

I have gained weight only because I don't have time to exercise and do cake decorating. The reason I say this is since I am just learning, I'm practing and don't have time to practice, exercise, work full time and keep up the house . . . excuses, excuses, excuses. I know I know. I just figure after I have completed all four Wilton courses, I will resume my exercising and get my self back in shape. In the meantime, I will have fun. (And try not to taste test everything.)

Lita829 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:41pm
post #42 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellis12

Quote:

I love that. It may be superficial (some may say) but feeling good about the way I look makes a lot of things seem better!

I love that saying, too, cocobean thumbs_up.gif . I agree. I think that more people should learn to just be healthy...not stick thin or to try to look like someone else. It is about being comfy in one's own skin. I happen to like being thin but its not that eveyone should feel as though they have to be to feel good about themselves. Self acceptance.....that's the key.

When many people found out that my hobby was baking...they always would ask..Do you eat it? I do sample each batch just to make sure it is to my satisfaction before I give it away but all things in moderation...as with anything.

cocobean Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #43 of 54

Glad you like it to Lita. I agree you have to taste a little (for quality control) but theres nothing like being able to bend over and tie your shoes! icon_smile.gif

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:36pm
post #44 of 54

After spending that much time on a cake.. I don't even want to look at it let alone eat it or taste it but for some reason I am still gaining weight! grrrr... I don't think I will ever stop baking though icon_wink.gif I love the stress of it! hehehe...

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:52pm
post #45 of 54

we are both gaining...its a slippery slope! i don't touch my cakes...but when i cam working on big projects i don't cook meals. we just get something quick or snack!! bad!
thanks for bringing this up...its reminder to be better and for me i needs to start today!!

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:43am
post #46 of 54

Yup, we do the same thing. When I'm baking and decorating I don't cook and we eat fast food or snack! Just finished a cake and we had fast food burritos icon_smile.gif

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:44am
post #47 of 54

I look at cake and gain weight. So I feel for you.

That said, seems like I don't like cake anymore! I had a tiny piece today and it just sat funny in my tummy. So I'm thinking I don't/cant eat cake anymore. Lol

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm
post #48 of 54

Ha! This is a timely thread. Just the other day, my husband was hugging me and said, "Remember when I could almost wrap my arms around you twice?" I backed up and said, "so what are you trying to say?"

He looked at me, kinda swallowed hard and said - "My arms shrunk?" icon_lol.gif

Jan14grands Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:39pm
post #49 of 54

Oh, that's funny Memie!! But it is a challenge, isn't it, not to eat so much cake when it is SO good icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #50 of 54
Quote:

Glad you like it to Lita. I agree you have to taste a little (for quality control) but theres nothing like being able to bend over and tie your shoes! icon_smile.gif

LOL!! That's also true icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:46pm
post #51 of 54

That is why I gave up cake decorating. I weighed 200 pounds after the birth of my children. Now after 4 years I am down to 110 pound. I don't have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetics and my back does not hurt.

I used the weight watchers program, exercise 3 days a week, and elimimated sugar, white flour and all junk food from my diet.

The no flour no sugar diet is great if you need to lose weight but check with your doctor first.

I figure my health is more important. I am willing to give up sugar and junk food, I do not want to weigh 200 pounds again.

FloraFlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FloraFlora Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #52 of 54

I weigh myself regularly to keep reminding myself. Although having gained 20lbs for the past 10 years, now I'm keeping it steady.
I have stopped making cookies. And I'm not organizing a Christmas cookie exchange this year with my girl friends. That cookie exchange is a killer!
I also limit my intake of candies. My DH loves Halloween as his excuse to buy extra candies to stash away. I used to eat them with him. This year I only ate a couple small bars. So proud of myself! icon_smile.gif
I am eating less for dinner. And make sure to chew more when eating. Before that I had a bad habit of wolfing down dinner icon_razz.gif Not very lady like, I told myself, haha.

Now, only if I can keep my own promise of going to gym more often...

cocobean Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:28am
post #53 of 54

I have to admit, I HATE to exersize! icon_surprised.gif I would rather eat less than have to exersize a ton. That's just me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Lita829 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:02pm
post #54 of 54

I do that, too, FloraFlor....weigh myself regularly. I find it is easier to catch weight gain that way. Most people tend to fluctuate 5lbs...I know that I do.

I love to work out. Not only for weight control but for stress reduction. I have been through hell and numerous betrayals and to say that I am bitter is an understatement. Working out helps to dissipate those negative emotions. Otherwise, the emotions would eat me alive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%