I am making a few Christmas ones for samples in hopes of holiday orders. I found the NFSC recipe and will use it.
Any other tips, instructions, or advice would be appreciated!
I've only made few but I will only do them with Shiney's method of glueing and taping the sticks to the bag instead of baking with sticks in. Waayyy easier than decorating and baking with sticks. Good luck!
I'v made a few bouquets my tips are:
1. Use the wooden sticks (they are cheaper and stronger)
2. If you bake with the stick already in, wrap the exposed part of your sticks w/foil (after my first batch I slip the foil off and re use for every batch), Many people place the stick into the cookies right out of the oven. You can find out how in the other forum strings
3. When I make large cookies, I go the the party section at Walmart and buy their clear goodie bags (saves $$)
4. Make sure the container you use has some weight to avoid tipping over, ie: the clay flower pots.
5. As for the arranging of it..... I do and re do, and re do too many times so I am hoping that you get advice that I can use too!
6. I tend to try to stay away from covering my styrofoam w/tissue paper. I feel it drowns out the cookies (but that is just my opinion)