What Tip Should I Use??

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 4:23am by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:06am
post #1 of 7

I am wanting to make these cupcakes for my daughters birthday and I am new to cake decorating so I am unsure what tip I should use to get the swirl effect that is on these cup cakes. I hope the picture loads and I do this right I haven't posted on here before. Better yet I will just put the link in LOL that seems to be easiest. Thanks!!

6 replies
Elise87 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 7

Could try piping it through just a coupler without a tip attachment or the plastic screw thingo on it and make sure it's not the one that has one of those splits in the side

debster Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 7

I agree with the previous poster, or you could use a # 12

helsbels Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #4 of 7

You could just cut the the end of a disposable bag to the size you want and do without a tip but if you want to use a tip the best one would be the size 1A.

auntiecake Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:07am
post #5 of 7

I agree with Size 1A. The #12 would be too small. The coupler w/o split would work also, so it would have to be a coupler that is not Wilton. Good Luck!

auntiecake Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:11am
post #6 of 7

A clay gun would also work to make the stems.

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 7

Wow thank you so much for all the replies and so quick too!! It is all much appreciated and very helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%