First Wedding Cake

Baking By holyghost Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 8:01pm by Texas_Rose

holyghost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holyghost Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 4

icon_smile.gif I made my first wedding cake for a friend of mine. Of course I was very nervous because it was a big job for me. I usually do specialty cakes or homemade cakes and pies. The cake turned out okay, but my concern was it seem to be heavy. How do I change the density of the cake, especially when it is homemade. Some people told me to add more milk, or add merinque powder. Any suggestions. Here is the picture. I hope you all can see it.
LL

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 4

Are those tiers heart shaped? I always like pink black and white. So, which recipe are you using? Need to know that to figure out what you mean by "heavy". I don't know what those tier sizes are, they look big, and big cakes are heavy. Assuming you meant hevy in a weight sense, not texture.

holyghost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holyghost Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 4

They are heart shape. I believe the sizes were 14, 10, and 6. I used a basic yellow cake recipe and the texture of the cake was heavy and not light. Some of the guests said that the cake had a good flavor, but the texture was heavy. Plus it was hot that day and it was outside so some of the pedals fell off. (two or three)

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 4

To a person who is used to cake mix cakes, a scratch cake will seem heavy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%