I Need A Marble Cake Recipe!

Baking By kitcae Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm by Mike1394

kitcae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitcae Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,
I need a vanilla-fudge (or chocolate) marble cake recipe. I really need it soon-like in a few hours (it's 2:00 p.m. Central time US right know). TIA!

7 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 8

I always use two kinds of cake - a vanilla and a chocolate cake and then alternate scoops as I fill the pan, then run the fat end of a wooden spoon to create the marbeling. You don't need a specific 'marble' recipe - is that what you meant or did I misunderstand?

kitcae Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, thats what I meant. I didn't really want to make 2 batters though. What I kind of meant was -split the vanilla in half then add chocolate (flavor) to the 1 half and "marble" it. So then you have the right amount also-no need to make the batter using half the ingredients. Thank you though!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 8

Hmmm..... I know it can be done, I justt don't know the ratios ~ I'm sorry! icon_sad.gif

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 8

No problem. Reserve some of the yellow batter. Melt a few squares of chocolate with 1T of water then pour it into the batter. Or, add some cocoa powder. I've done this many times in a pinch or when I didn't want to make two recipes of batter.

kitcae Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:21am
post #6 of 8

Thank you so much! I actually just ended up making a vanilla cake. I just thought I would make something new! I'll have to try a marble cake some other time! Thanks again!

P.S. I'll be posting the cake (when it's decorated) in a few days!

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 8

Hi,

I make a sour cream pound cake to which I remove about 2cups of the batter and add 1/2 c. melted semi-sweet chips. I then place 1/2 the reg. batter to the bundt pan, then the chocolate batter then the remaining reg batter. I then do a couple of figure 8 patters through the batter to marble it. This works well.

Lori

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcae

Hi,
I need a vanilla-fudge (or chocolate) marble cake recipe. I really need it soon-like in a few hours (it's 2:00 p.m. Central time US right know). TIA!

LOLOL

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%