Uga Logo

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 3:48am by wrightway777

Rachie204 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:43am
post #1 of 14

I need to add a University Of Georgia Logo to a cake and was wondering what would be the best way to do this. I would like to place the Logo ontop of grass piped with the grass tip. What would work best?

TIA...

13 replies
paula1234 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 14

what about a chocolate transfer of UGA the bulldog. He could be standing up if uou put a lollipop stick on back of him. My boys Dad graduated from UGA school of pharmacy.

TheDomesticDiva Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 14

I have a UGA cake in my photos. I just made the symbol from fondant.

tenleysmommy Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 14

I think a transfer(chocolate or buttercream)would be best.The uga on my cake and the G symbols are all chocolate.
LL

Rachie204 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 14

thanks for those of you who replied to this....I lost the post somehow and never responded. I am doing the cake this week and will post a pic when I am done.

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:52am
post #6 of 14

I used run sugar, It was a fairly easy cake to do; hope the pic attaches...it is so much easier for me to cake than compute icon_razz.gif .
LL

Rachie204 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:39am
post #7 of 14

KJT~

What is run sugar?

amberkw Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #8 of 14

PLEASE share what's run sugar & how you did it. ! I Love your transfer. I am in Georgia as well & people love their Dawgs!!!

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #9 of 14

Hi Rachie, and welcome to CC!

Run sugar is a technique where you use stiff RI to outline an image, then thin the RI and flood inside the outline. Wilton makes a product called Colorflow, that's basically RI mix. If you search colorflow here (or probably even google it) you will get the full instructions.
It's a technique that I use often; the downside it the drying time (2-3 days depending on the humidity- and you know how THAT varies icon_confused.gif ), and coloring lots of tiny bowls of icing! For the dawg logo, you would only need three colors, of course!
HTH
Kathy icon_smile.gif

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #10 of 14

I'll see if I can find a link that explains it fully-hold on...

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:05am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt

I'll see if I can find a link that explains it fully-hold on...

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Color-Flow

This pretty much explains it. You don't have to use the Wilton product, you can use RI-however if you are beginning, it's helpful to have exact measurements until you get a "feel" for the technique. It's really versatile- several of the cakes in my gallery have run sugar pieces-Dora & Super Why are two that I can think of right this minute.
You should try it y'all! thumbs_up.gif

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #12 of 14

Don't be put off by the instructions-they seem really long, but step-by-step they aren't really complicated.

I put my image(printed out or drawn on copy paper) inside a plastic page protector. That way I don't have to fool with taping wax paper over it, then I tape the whole page onto a hard-back cookbook or the back of a sheet pan-anything that will keep it flat.

And hello amberkw-yep Goooo Dawgs-sic 'em! icon_lol.gif

edited for stupid spelling errors

Rachie204 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #13 of 14

KJT~

Thank you! I have heard of color flow...and have some wilton that I have never used....although it may be old. Thanks again

wrightway777 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #14 of 14

Go dawgs! I'm in GA too. Matter of fact i have two bulldogs myself!
kjt - love the spikes you did on the collar. I forgot that trick of the page protector - thanks for the memory boost.
tenleysmommy - awesome transfer! Oops on the G on his hat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%