How Do You Glue Floral Foam To Containers?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 5:28pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 9

I'd love to hear how you secure your foam into the containers. Thanks!

8 replies
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 9

With my trusty hot glue gun.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMeister

With my trusty hot glue gun.

Ditto. You can also get a little bit of the green floral clay and put a strip or two in the bottom of your container, then put your foam on top of that.

luv2bake6 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:19am
post #4 of 9

hmmm, i tried it with the glue gun but it didn't stick too well, i'll try to get a better one then

newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 9

You might ask your craft store if they sell a foam glue called "Hold the Foam" that's supposed to adhere the foam to various surfaces. You might try that. It comes in a tube on one of those little cardboard holder thingies that hangs on a peg. It's made by Beacon.

luv2bake6 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #6 of 9

If you have a box, do you stack up the foam until near the top or do you fill the bottom with something else and then fit the foam in near the top?

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:38am
post #7 of 9

If you get the little plastic support when you buy a pizza (used to keep the lid from collapsing onto the pizza), hot glue it (upside down) into the container and then push the foam onto the legs.
You can also buy a similar item in the floral department at a craft stor.

newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:45am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

If you have a box, do you stack up the foam until near the top or do you fill the bottom with something else and then fit the foam in near the top?

I would fill the entire box with a big huge piece of foam - or a few pieces taped together with floral sticky tape - to fit the inside of the box as best you can. You don't want anything unstable (such as shredded paper, raffia, etc.) underneath your foam. That foam needs to be sturdy and attached to the box. I assume you're doing a cookie bouquet or something similar?

luv2bake6 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 9

It's too expensive to fill the entire bag or box with foam. I like the idea using that pronged plastic thing to secure the foam, but that doesn't help with taller containers unless you are securing on block on top of the other which, again, could be expensive.
The reason i put the newsprint into the bottom and then foam over it is because i want to fill up space to get to the top of some bags or containers so that the cookies will show over the top. There's got to be a more secure and easier way.
Let's say you have an 8-inch tall gable box for your bouquets. Do all of you fill up the entire height with foam? Or do you put fillers in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%