Edible Diamonds - Blah!

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 7:29pm by tinygoose

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 12:27pm
post #31 of 41

Yes Diane your cake is absolutely fabulous and the bling bling is perfect! icon_biggrin.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 1:31pm
post #32 of 41

Your cake is fabulous and amazing, Thanks for sharing how you got the diamonds to work. I am glad I read this thread.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 2:55pm
post #33 of 41

Good God that is a beautiful cake! I gave upon those little critters. I mold gems from GP, and brush the heck out of them with prism sparkle powder from the stamping section, while they are still damp. Let them set up for a bit and glue them on where needed.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:28pm
post #34 of 41

Gorgeous cake Diane!!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:59pm
post #35 of 41

Wow that is a beautiful cake Diane!! Love the bow, how is that done? So stunning, my jaw is still hanging open.

Here is a wedding cake I made with the edible diamonds. It was my first wedding cake and I don't know if they looked like diamonds, but they were pretty. They are nice when they catch the sunlight, but still more like clear glass, not diamonds.

I used tweezers & RI to attach, and was careful not to touch them because it make them really dull. I ordered my from somewhere in Europe.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1267885

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:16pm
post #36 of 41

Wow, tinygoose! That's a beautiful cake! Looks like you used the same gems I used.

tinygoose Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:32pm
post #37 of 41

Thanks Diane. Wow your cakes are beautiful. I read your loop box link, thank you. How did you do the black edged ribbon on your last cake. I'm guessing gumpaste/fondant mix with a clay gun, gently attached to the sides of the (is that groisgran textured ribbon?) and dried like your regular loops? Am I close? The edges aren't smushed at all, they are pristine! What's your trick for that?

DianeLM Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:46pm
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Thanks Diane. Wow your cakes are beautiful. I read your loop box link, thank you. How did you do the black edged ribbon on your last cake. I'm guessing gumpaste/fondant mix with a clay gun, gently attached to the sides of the (is that groisgran textured ribbon?) and dried like your regular loops? Am I close? The edges aren't smushed at all, they are pristine! What's your trick for that?

Thank you for the nice compliments!

The black edge is just straight fondant. Yes, I extruded it from a clay gun and glued it to the edges of the strips before I formed them around the dowel.

There's no trick to not smushing the edges. And believe me - I can be a real ape sometimes. icon_smile.gif Just use a gentle touch. It doesn't take much force to press a thin rope against a thin strip. icon_smile.gif Of the 30 or so loops I made, the black edge only fell off one loop while I was wrapping it around the dowel.

Yes, that's grosgrain texture. icon_smile.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:48pm
post #39 of 41

I know I maybe a little slow Diane but how are you to use the dowel is it for drying?

DianeLM Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:58pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcheryl

I know I maybe a little slow Diane but how are you to use the dowel is it for drying?

Yes, I hang the dowel horizontally and wrap the loops around it to shape them. I leave them on the dowel for a couple of hours, then slide them off and let them finish drying on their sides for a couple of days.

tinygoose Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:29pm
post #41 of 41

Thanks very much Diane. I'm going to have to try that. Happy Holidays. I hope to see more of your beautiful cakes soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%