Fondant On Bc Cake

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm by Win

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 3

I need to put a fondant cut out on a BC coverd cake...Anything special I need to keep in mind for that?

It shud be very simple..I have a blue rectangular cake covered in BC and have a black bat (for batman) cutout from fondant...I havent put it on yet...I have to give it tomorrow..so will wiat till tomorrow to put it on.
Shud I tell my friend not to referiate the cake if i have the fondant bat on it? Or does it not matter?

2 replies
Kavrena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavrena Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 3

I personnally have not had a problem with putting a fondant accent on a bc cake then refridgirating. I do make sure the bc is either not completly set or make sure the back of the fondant is wet with water before attaching to the bc. I am fairly new to cake decorating, but that is my experience so far. I hope it turns out well for you, and I can't wait to see the pic.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickulz

I need to put a fondant cut out on a BC coverd cake...Anything special I need to keep in mind for that?

It shud be very simple..I have a blue rectangular cake covered in BC and have a black bat (for batman) cutout from fondant...I havent put it on yet...I have to give it tomorrow..so will wiat till tomorrow to put it on.
Shud I tell my friend not to referiate the cake if i have the fondant bat on it? Or does it not matter?

If the symbol is going on top of the cake, and if the bc is freshly done, you don't even need water --simply lay it on there and the grease in the bc will be enough to keep it set. If it goes on the side of the cake, then by all means brush a very small bit of water on the edges and in the middle to adhere it. VERY small amount. You don't want the black of the bat to run into the bc. Either way, you can refrigerate once it is placed. It will probably sweat a little when you remove it, but won't cause any issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%