Cake Too Wet/sticky?

Decorating By kjskid Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 2:52pm by kjskid

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 5

I'm experimenting with apple cake recipes for a cake I'm doing in a few weeks. I found one I love, but the cake is sticky and kinda wet because of the apples. It's cooked all the way through, the toothpick comes out clean, etc, but it's just very moist. What I'm afraid of is that if I make it on Thursday, decorate on Friday, and the party's on Saturday, by then it will start to be moldy, or at least "off". Does anyone have a suggestion to counteract this -- to "dry" it up a bit? Or do you think it will be ok?

4 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I don't really have any tips, but my apple cake is sticky. Touching it kinda slightly peels up the cake a little. I've never had a problem, but I do store my cakes in the fridge.

kjskid Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 5

Oh yeah, I meant to add that there's no room in my fridge or my friend's for this cake...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 5

isn't it cold out where you are?? Are you able to stick it out on your porch or something where it could stay cool?

kjskid Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

isn't it cold out where you are?? Are you able to stick it out on your porch or something where it could stay cool?

Too many critters running around for that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%