Walmart Halloween Wilton Clearance! Woot Woot!

Decorating By CakeJediChic Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 10:32pm by adree313

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 15

Hit up 2 walmarts and scored a bunch of black green and some orange melts for .60 a piece!! Fall cookies cutters were 1.50! I scored $60 of stuff for $15. Its all 75% off at my walmart. Check em out ladies!

14 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:36am
post #2 of 15

Whoo Hoo!!! Not that's bargain hunting. judge.gificon_biggrin.gifparty.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 15

no kidding! i went in to look at the halloween candy to see if they had fall m&ms for a barrel cake and spotted all the wilton! i even got a 4.5lb tub of the orange decorators icing for $3! figured it was worth it with all the fall themed goodies i have to do this month! Oh, and the sprinkles were .50, so got a bunch of the leaves sprinkles. too cute!

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 15

I got a bunch of cupcake liners (both regular size and mini) for $0.50 yesterday.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks! I just went this morning and got candy melts for 62 cents a bag and a couple of big cookie cutters with rubber grips for 75 cents each icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 15

oh wow!!! I gotta go!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 15

Cool! A bargain is a GOOD thing!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Magna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magna Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 15

Where at your Wallmart do you find the Wilton items, do they have an aisle for Wilton, is it with other food items? I looked once a while back, but never found anything Wilton at my store.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna

Where at your Wallmart do you find the Wilton items, do they have an aisle for Wilton, is it with other food items? I looked once a while back, but never found anything Wilton at my store.

The Walmarts here have an aisle of cake stuff near the greeting cards. Some Walmarts have a whole lot more than others. Before they remodeled and added the grocery section, they used to have the cake decorating stuff near the fabric (now the walmarts here don't have fabric icon_cry.gif ).

The Wilton halloween stuff that was on clearance was in the aisle with the costumes and halloween candy.

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 15

and here I was complaining about having to go to Wally World today!! Thanks for the heads up! I need candy melts and can always use more cookie cutters!! icon_biggrin.gif

allcake247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcake247 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks for the heads up. Will go there after work today.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #12 of 15

Just got back from the Wal-Mart by my job and man was everything picked over! There were a lot of cupcake liners and a couple of bottles of the large fall leaf jimmies but that was it!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:28pm
post #13 of 15

I almost picked up the two tubs of orange icing at my WM yesterday- how long can you store those unopened?

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:54pm
post #14 of 15

The only useful thing I found at my local wal-mart was a single jar of autumn sprinkles for 50 cents. No cookie cutters, no candy melts or frosting. There were a handful of cupcake papers left, but even at 50 cents a piece, I didn't really love them. Oh well, glad you guys are having better luck.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:32pm
post #15 of 15

i went to walmart today all excited after reading this post... there was NOTHING left. not one tiny sprinkle or cupcake wrapper to be found. a worker said they knocked everything WAY down in price the day after halloween (way down, as in the left over costumes were ONE DOLLAR!) and everything was gone in a flash. so sad icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%