Cricut: Can We Use Fondant And Not Gumpaste For Edibility?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm by bricker

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 3

Lol, is edibility a word? Probably not......I am wondering if we can use fondant with the cricut or must it be gumpaste (or fondant mixed with tylose). I got it for the scrollwork cut-outs often used on the side of the cakes as well as for monograms, etc. Aand I am thinking if we use gumpaste, it probably doesn't taste very good?

I also was going to use the cricut to cut out monogram letters to put atop 100 cookies I am making for wedding favors. Not sure if I should pipe it (probably easier) but it would look so much cleaner with the cut out letters - thx!

2 replies
Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 3

I have used a mixture of gumpaste and fondant and it works well. It's rolled so thin I don't think there is an issue with how easily it can be eaten.

bricker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bricker Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

Do you just roll out the fondant/gumpaste as usual and put it directly on the cricut mat and cut or do you need to put it on a piece of heavy plastic first? Also, do you need to use the deep cut blade? Do you need to let the fondant/gumpaste get a little hard first? This is a fantastic idea, I would love to be able to do this. Thanks!
bricker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%