Chocolate Truffle Filling

Baking By ddaigle Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 5:19pm by pattycakesnj

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 11

I made a batch last night...I think it was Macsmom's with cream cheese and PS. In googling recipes today, I see most truffle filling recipes call for heavy cream....no cream cheese....no PS. Sounds like a ganache recipe to me???? What is the taste difference in these recipes. I am not a chocolate fan and do not like this filling so I can't taste it and make any comments, but I have a request for it as a filling. What is a traditional "chocolate truffle filling" consist of (in case the customer is looking for "traditinal")? Thanks

10 replies
dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 11

I think that ganache is a traditional truffle filling.

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 11

A traditional chocolate truffle consists of heavy cream and a good quality chocolate. I've seen MacsMom's recipe for truffle filling and was thinking of giving it a try just to taste the difference.

ddaigle Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 11

I used Gharadelli chocolate chips. Don't know if that is considered qualtiy (I hope so). It "appears" like it will be a good filling (texture wise). VERY chocolatey..but I'm sure that is what ganache/truffle filling tastes like considering the chocoate used. I would think the PS and cream cheese would give it a different texture/taste then she may be expecting. I hope someone answers that has compated Macsmom's to ganache and can give me their opinion.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 11

Chocolate truffle is made from a basic ganash recipe Its the same thing.

ddaigle Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 11

Caths_Cakes that's what I thought......so if it is the same thing, my recipe using Powdered sugar and cream cheese won't change the taste any?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

...I am not a chocolate fan and do not like this filling so I can't taste it and make any comments, ... Thanks

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Oh! The horror!

ddaigle Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 11

I know, I know All4cake....it should be againts the law...some cake crime! icon_surprised.gif LOL....That's why I am asking here! icon_biggrin.gif

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 11

I've used the recipe with the ps and cream cheese! It's incredibly smooth and rich....WONDERFUL! I highly recommend it. thumbs_up.gif

ddaigle Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #10 of 11

That's Getus....I just want to make sure she doesn't take a bite of cake and say...."is that cream cheese I taste in my truffle filling?" LOL

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 11

I make truffles all the time with 2 different recipes, one with cream cheese and one without. Both are great tasting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%