Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf

Baking By rosiecast Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 2:02am by Win

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:54am
post #1 of 7

I want to try this recipe, and I was wondering if anyone has tried it using regular-sized marshmallows?

Thanks,

6 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 7

Yes. I have used Rhonda's many times. I also use large marshmallows all the time. 16 oz is 16 oz --does not matter if they are large or small. That being said, I cut my large ones in half as it does take just a bit longer to melt them if you keep them whole. You have to be careful if you leave them whole not to cook them too long or you will crystallize them and your fondant will not go together right. HTH!

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 7

Do you have th recipe for MMF? Is it just as easy to use as Wilton Fondant? Will it hold shapes the same? Does it get hard? or stay soft enough to eat? Thanks

Win Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 7

I will PM you.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:08am
post #5 of 7

Thanks Win. That's what I was thinking- if using them the regular size would be ok. Thanks for your answer,

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #6 of 7

I tried my first attept at MMF, and although it was easy to make, and tastes great, it is now hard as a rock! I wrapped it up like instructed and put in fridge. I just took it out to try putting it on a cake, and it is soo hard! Can anyone tell me how to soften it?? or did I do something wrong?? Thanks

Win Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:02am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger6361

I tried my first attept at MMF, and although it was easy to make, and tastes great, it is now hard as a rock! I wrapped it up like instructed and put in fridge. I just took it out to try putting it on a cake, and it is soo hard! Can anyone tell me how to soften it?? or did I do something wrong?? Thanks

Hey there. I answered your PM. Just pop it into the microwave for about 15 seconds. Take it out and see if its pliable. If you need to pop it back in, just do for 5 seconds at a time. It will get very hot in the center. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%