Easy And Quick Ways To Decorate "bride" Cake Pop?

Decorating By three_sets_of_twins Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 3:52pm by majka_ze

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:38am
post #1 of 5

WAAAAAAA!!
Ok...Well the bride and groom cake balls (in gallery) have turned out to be a real hit. I'm very happy.
However, I have so many orders for them in the coming 2 weeks! 2 seperate weddings, one on the 12th (who wants about 800 of them) and one on the 20th (who wants around 230 of them).
And I do this all by myself!
Im bringing in some assistants to help me with the rolling into balls part, but when it comes to the decorating part, they dont have the skills for that so I pretty much do it on my own (will try to teach them tho).
Now the brides take me more time to decorate because of putting all the little pearls on their heads one by one.
Does anyone have an idea of how I can decorate my bride QUICKER? Something different I could do that would be less time consuming but still look nice? Maybe 1 bead and some tool? or a RI flower and some toole? (which I wont be able to do on the 12th cos my RI shipment wont come in till the 13th UGH).
Anyone have any idea how to give her some bling but not spend DAYS decorating them with a toothpick?!
Thanks..

4 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:56am
post #2 of 5

I have tweezers with little bent tips that I use for stuff like that. Option #2 is to pipe the pearls on. I don't have a real good image to look at, could you post one that is just the cake ball?

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:45am
post #3 of 5

I did look your pictures. The quickest you can make is piping. For the bride - pipe the 3 white pearls, and put the one bigger pearl with tweezers. Or - pipe the 3 white pearls, let them dry, pipe the bigger pearl, let it slightly harden but not dry and shake some crystal sugar over it - to get some sparkle. Or pipe this pearl in pink or whatever the brides flower color is...

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 5

Ok when you say pipe do you mean pipe with chocolate or with frosting?
Cos I actually think both would work?
Thank you.

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 5

Piping with chocolate means you could pipe the three white pearls and then either the big pearl with pink / other color, if you wish or put the big (ready bought) pearl with tweezers on it. The idea with sugaring to get the big pearl to sparkle works only for RI, I think. And you need all the other details hard before you pipe the last pearl.

If you decide to pipe with chocolate - I recommend to use a plastic bag (small ziplock or similar) without piping tip. Have several ready for your big work and seal the end - with rubber band. You can snip one corner and use it for piping. Should the chocolate harden or cool down so that it is difficult to work with - push the chocolate back in the bag, fold the corner back and clip it with clothespin or small binder clip to close it - and you can put it directly in warm water to heat it again. Or use heating pad under your bags with chocolate.
If you can work with the ziplock bag, for the chocolate it works better then piping tip, because piping tip cools the chocolate down and you cannot reheat it as easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%