Jennifer Dontz Is Coming To Minnesota!!

Decorating By AfordRN Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 2:23pm by AfordRN

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 15

I'm so excited!! I am hosting a 2 day gumpaste flower class with Jennifer Dontz. The class isn't until April 25-26 of 2010. If you know anyone in SW Minnesota area that would like to attend, please send me a PM. Jen is such a great cake artist, AND she is the sweetest person you will ever meet. SUPER EXCITED! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Has anyone taken her classes? I chose the Berries and Blossoms course, and would love to hear some feedback.

14 replies
Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 15

Oh man--this sounds like fun!! I have one of her DVDs and she is a great teacher--plus she is always so helpful here on CakeCentral. I can't make her class on that date, but if you have move it into May, please contact me--I'd love to attend.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 15

What town will the class be, I will pass the info to a caker I met on Wilton?

AfordRN Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 15

The class will be held in the Pipestone area. I'm still trying to narrow down the exact venue. If worse come to worse, I will have it at my house! Pipestone is about 40 min from Sioux Fall, SD or Marshall, MN. They just built a nice new hotel, so lodging shouldn't be a problem if you need a place to stay. If your friend is interested, please have her contact me. There is a limited number and I have had many interested cakers. JEN DOES ROCK!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 15

Save

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 15

I took one of her classes in MD last year. You'll love the class. We liked it so much we asked she teach one at my house.

She'll be teaching the Berries and Blossoms in New Jersey March 2010(Bergen County right across the river from NYC). I'm sure the class will fill up quickly so the NY/NJ people should sign-up early!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 15

I hope you all will come and join us, we have a great time in class!

NO experience necessary.

Jen icon_smile.gif

AfordRN Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 15

I have the location booked for Kelly's Koffee in Pipestone MN.

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #9 of 15

Oh wow...I'm in Mpls....I would love to come, can you count me in?
Sandi

AfordRN Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 11:46pm
post #10 of 15

That's great! Wow, this class fills up fast, be sure to contact me right away if you would like to attend. Limited number of spots available.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 11:54pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfordRN

I'm so excited!! I am hosting a 2 day gumpaste flower class with Jennifer Dontz. The class isn't until April 25-26 of 2010. If you know anyone in SW Minnesota area that would like to attend, please send me a PM. Jen is such a great cake artist, AND she is the sweetest person you will ever meet. SUPER EXCITED! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Has anyone taken her classes? I chose the Berries and Blossoms course, and would love to hear some feedback.

Yep, I took her class in Manistee a few weeks ago. One word: SLAVEDRIVER!! icon_twisted.gif Yep, she'll work you til your brain melts and your hands cramp and you are hunched over like Quazi Moto! (and you actually learn stuff too! Go figure!) icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:07am
post #12 of 15

LOL Bob...... I had to keep YOU moving!!!!! lol I thought we were gonna lose her at the end icon_smile.gif

I'm really not a slave driver...... am I????? LOL Just want to pack as much as possible in to give you your $$$'s worth icon_smile.gif

We had SO much fun in Manistee (Michigan), I plan on doing more classes next year. This was at my house.

Jen icon_smile.gif

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:15am
post #13 of 15

I am planning on joining y'all icon_wink.gif

Marking the dates on my calender now so it doesn't get booked up!!!

JenniferMI Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:31pm
post #14 of 15

thumbs_up.gif YAY!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

AfordRN Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:23pm
post #15 of 15

Wow, I have 4 people coming already, class is 1/2 full!! I made a facebook event so we can all stay connected. Here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/events.php?ref=sb#/event.php?eid=200962775259&index=1nk

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%