I Need A Recipe To Impress What's The Best Cookie You Made?

Baking By keflyn Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 4:01am by mrsc808

keflyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keflyn Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 13

please? I don't mean to irritate anyone

12 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:44am
post #2 of 13

Why not. Irritating people can be exhilirating.

icon_biggrin.gif

Click on this thumbnail and there's a recipe under the picture.
You just bake the cookies, spread with the jelly,
add the chocolate cameo & piping.

~Viola~

An homage to my little Moma.

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #3 of 13

Tiramisu cookies. I love them!

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 13

Red, White and Blue cookies- basically a choc chip cookie dough with dried cranberries, white choc chips and dried blueberries! Everyone loves them. Not for decorating.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 13

Sorry, but the best cookies I ever made are the ones I can't remember the recipe to. They were a chocolate chip cookie, but instead of it spreading sideways, it only spread a little, then grew tall and soft, but not so soft that you couldn't dunk them. They tasted like toffee lingering on your tongue, and held milk like a sponge.

If I ever remember it, you will be the second person to know. My son wants the recipe first.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 13

Theresa - I like your new avatar pic! It's cute!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 13

Maloslatko and Icecubed, thanx for those ideas, sounds great!![/b]

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:00am
post #9 of 13

a chewy chocolate brownie cookie with chocolate chips Mmm

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:49am
post #10 of 13

These cookies are delicious! They just melt in your mouth and the almond flavor is to die for! I first made them a few years ago, and each time since everyone has raved about them and asked for the recipe. Once, I dropped off gifts of these cookies to families belonging to our playgroup in our apartment complex. One of the women literally ran down the stairs and chased me down the street to ask for the recipe because she'd tried them after I'd left her part of the complex. icon_smile.gif

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Sand-Dollar-Cookies

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:57am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsc808

Tiramisu cookies. I love them!

Do share??? icon_lol.gif

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:33pm
post #12 of 13

These are pretty impressive and delicious. especially if you love the Girl Scout thin mint cookies. It's a great recipe to use up those leftover candy canes also

Chocolate-Peppermint Cookies (Martha Stewart)

1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
8 large candy canes or 30 peppermint candies, crushed
2 pounds white chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed for 1 minute. Reduce speed to medium-low, and add egg, then yolk, beating well after each addition. Beat in peppermint extract. Slowly add flour mixture, and beat until just incorporated. Shape dough into 2 disks, wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).

Roll out 1 disk of dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut out circles, and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Roll and cut scraps once. Freeze cookies until firm, about 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining disk.

Bake until cookies are dry to the touch, about 12 minutes. Transfer parchment, with cookies, to wire racks, and let cool. (Undecorated cookies will keep, covered, for up to 3 days.)

Sift crushed candy, and separate larger pieces from dust, reserving both. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water. Remove from heat. Dunk cookies into melted chocolate. Using a fork, turn to coat, let excess drip off, and gently scrape bottom against edge of bowl. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets, and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of either candy pieces or dust on top. Repeat, sprinkling half the cookies with pieces and the rest with dust. Refrigerate until set, up to 3 hours. Decorated cookies are best served the same day.

Makes 6 dozen

These are from a Food Network Spcial

Chocolate Sparkle Cookies

1/2 lb Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
3 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 Eggs
1/3 c Sugar, plus more for rolling
3/4 c Ground almonds
Powdered sugar, for garnish

Preparation
1. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water. Remove from the heat. Cut the butter into a few pieces and mix into the chocolate until melted.

2. Beat the eggs with an electric mixer, gradually adding the sugar until ribbons form, 5 to 10 minutes. Fold in the chocolate-butter mixture. Gently add the ground almonds. cover and refrigerate overnight.

3. Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

4. Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in granulated sugar, place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and immediately place in the oven.
5. Bake until the center of the cookies is no longer wet, 9 to 12 minutes. When slightly cool, lightly dust the cookies with powdered sugar.

Cook's Notes
The trick to these soft, truffle-like cookies is in the beating--beat the eggs and sugar until ribbons form, meaning that when the beaters are lifted, the batter falls back onto itself in ribbons. This could take up to 10 minutes of beating. You can grind raw almonds in a food processor or blender. These are best with chocolate that is 70% cocoa.

Makes about 36 cookies.

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:01am
post #13 of 13

Tiramisu Cookies (From The Ultimate Cookie Book)
Yield 2 dzn

1/4 butter, at room temp
1/2 superfine sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c all-purpose flour

Filling:
2/3 c. mascarpone cheese
1 T light brown sugar
1 T dark rum
1/2 tsp espresso powder

To make the filling mix rum and espresso powder together until espresso powder dissolves. Add rum mixture, light brown sugar and mascarpone cheese and mix well. Cover and refrigerated until needed.

To make cookies:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg and mix well. Stir in the flour and mix until well combined.
Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe small blobs on to baking sheets. Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until center is firm and edges are beginning to brown.

When cool, spread filling onto a cookie and place another cookie on top.

*I like to melt dark chocolate and drizzle it over the sandwiches. I also make these a day ahead, just like regular tiramisu.*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%