How Do I Make A Coffe Mug Cake

Decorating By pineapple2009 Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 2:35am by cakesrock

pineapple2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pineapple2009 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

Please can someone give me instructions on how to make a coffee cake. I will like it for an office gathering icon_smile.gif

2 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 3

coffee cake I do not know how to make icon_lol.gif

a coffee mug cake I know how to make icon_lol.gif just teasing you. depends on how many people you are making it for! I would think you could just use a round pan, if you want to carve it a little tapered at the bottom.I used a Pyrex bowl to bake my cake in (in my photos) a couple days in advance I made a handle out of fondant and stuck a toothpick in each end to insert into the the cake. Then I laid my flat side of my cake down and covered that with a little bit of frosting and then covered with fondant allowing the fondant to hang a little on the edge...then I flipped it over onto a board i wanted.

I know it sounds complicated...but I really do think you can get creative with a coffee mug cake. look through the pictures here on this site.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #3 of 3

I baked my coffee cup cake in a can. I just went to the store and found the right sized can (it happened to be a large can of raviolli, which my kids happen to love) and it worked great. I have it in my photos. It sunk a bit, but that's because my lid was too heavy and I should have used a base and dowel for the top. Live and learn...

If you want more of a mug look, I would use a ball pan and carve. But I would use the top and bottom. For my pumpkin mug (in photos) I only used the bottom and wished I had carved it down from both, so I would have had more height.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%