Kitchenaid 6 Qt Pro Series

Decorating By pattigunter Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 8:11pm by caked4life

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 13

Just thought I'd give a shout out to let you know that kitchenaid . com has a Professional 600 6QT stand mixer on sale for $299 with free shipping!! It only comes in Caviar color which wasnt my first choice but the regular price on this mixer is $499 so I'll live with the color. I ordered yesterday and it shipped this morning. I was going to hold out for a Viking 7 qt but you just cant beat this price.

12 replies
2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 13

Thanks Patti! That is a great price. Hold on to the box though, mine broke the first time i used it. Kitchen Aid was really helpful and gave me the option of replacing it or getting a refund (minus shipping). they also sent me a prepaid shipping label so that i could return it. I have never had any problems with my 5 qt.

pattigunter Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be sure and keep the box. I have a 5 qt that is 4 years old and I've never had a minutes problem with it. I have been wanting a 2nd mixer though.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 13

Love my kitchen aid! I did have an issue with the hook, it broke, and one of my whips got bent out of shape. I did not know that you could adjust the height of the mixing attachments to prevent it from happening. I love to use the pasta roller for fondant. The linguni cutter makes great strips, ribbons and curls.

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 13

Patti,
I have the Pro KA 6 qt. and have had it for several years. Since retiring from the Bakery I am now just a hobby baker, but it still gets a pretty good work out.....I make a lot of dough as well as occasional cakes and icing. Have never had a bit of trouble with it.
The year that I retired my wife surprised me with a 7 qt. Viking. It quit working after about a year and I haven't been able to have it repaired to work properly. I have read several reviews stating the same problem.
In my personal opinion you'll be just as happy (or, happier, as I am) with your KA Pro............enjoy it!!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 13

Doesn't look as if this offer is still available. I don't see it on their website. Unless I'm missing it (which could be very possible). Can you help me with that Pattigunter? Would love to get a deal like this - no matter what color it is. TIA

pattigunter Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 13

It was Item# KTO KP26M1XCV -- try doing a search for the item #. It was there this morning!

pattigunter Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 13

Sorry guys - I did a search for the Item # and its not coming up. I just bought mine yesterday and I saw it on the website this morning.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 13

We just looked at Sears Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) ad and they show the Artisan and pro500 for 269.99 after a $30 rebate if anyone is looking for those models.

langranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
langranny Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:06pm
post #10 of 13

Amazon.com currently has one in Nickel Pearl for $347 with free shipping.

2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 13

Search under KP26M1XCV should pull the item right up!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 6:14pm
post #12 of 13

Yeah I found it and it looks like you can also get it in cayenne red for $299.00! I really would love to have this just have to justify it DH. Wish me luck.

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 13

I got the cayenne red about a month or so ago and absolutely LOVE IT!!! I'm baking nonstop!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%