Pearl Molds For Fondant

Decorating By doodledo Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 5:00am by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:04pm
post #31 of 66

I received my order yesterday - I ordered the products on Saturday and received them on MONDAY!! You cannot get better customer service tha that. I also had a ball opening the package, the pink paper made it seem like a present for me!! THANK YOU JENNIFER!!

I will be watching my DVD today and hopefull playing with my new toys really soon!! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:30pm
post #32 of 66

That great Cindy!!! I think cake toys are special and should be presented that way icon_smile.gif

Have fun!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:40am
post #33 of 66

I feel like I'm missing out on all the hugs, Edna! And to think, you work just down the street from me!!!

Speaking of missing, am I missing out on something? The CK molds that everyone is talking about ARE First Impression molds. Or is everyone talking about something else?

Paul

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:48am
post #34 of 66

CK molds are different than the 1st Impression molds.

Ok, I don't know you, but if I did.... I would give you both a (((((hug)))))

Jen icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #35 of 66

Hi, Jen! I finally got to meet Sharon Zambito at the ICES Convention this summer...So, that means that you're next on my meet and learn from person!!!! Edna was my Wilton instructor five years ago!

I'm not arguing with you about the molds but I could swear the ones I bought from CK Products were in the First Impressions Molds categories. However, I went to look and I now realize that they ARE different. Thanks for the clarficiation, Jen.

Paul

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #36 of 66

I hope we can meet someday as well!

Jen icon_smile.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:13am
post #37 of 66

I would love to have pearl molds.... maybe Santa will put one in my stocking this year. I've been very good this year icon_lol.gif

Sandy

Loucinda Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:04pm
post #38 of 66

Sweet guy - NO, they are not the same mold. I have several first impression ones, and the CK ones are their own thing - different feeling too. The CK ones seem "stiffer"for lack of a better word! (and they are white vs. first impressions being blue)

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:10pm
post #39 of 66

The silicone is different between the two. The CK ones are stiffer, but I like that consistency... It is my experience in my classes, that a whole lot of people just don't know how to use the CK molds. Once they see me do it, their eyes lite up and they say "ohhhh, that's how you do it!"

Jen icon_smile.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:50pm
post #40 of 66

[quote="JenniferMI"]The silicone is different between the two. The CK ones are stiffer, but I like that consistency... It is my experience in my classes, that a whole lot of people just don't know how to use the CK molds. Once they see me do it, their eyes lite up and they say "ohhhh, that's how you do it!"

Jen icon_smile.gif[/quote

I just received my CK pearl mold this week. There are instructions with them, will those be accurate? Now I'm nervous.

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:57pm
post #41 of 66

I'm not sure fullhouse, I don't think I ever read the instructions that come in them, maybe others didn't either?? I only use my pearl clay in the molds, it really works well in them and it's almost all chocolate.

One word of advice, don't open the mold any farther than you have to, to get your worm of paste in. You can split it. But, over time...you may get some tiny, tiny splits...don't worry about those. You can take a pin or toothpick and gently press between each pearl to refine them.

Jen icon_smile.gif

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:28pm
post #42 of 66

Thanks everyone. I received my mold from Bakers Kitchen yesterday. I love it. It is a half mold but works wonderfully. And I am no professional at all. I dusted the inside with the pearl dust put my fondant in and they came out great each time. Thanks to all. ((()))) Here are a few hugs for you guys.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:30pm
post #43 of 66

Thank you. Your DVD is on my ever growing wish list.

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #44 of 66

icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:16pm
post #45 of 66

I have my first batch of pearl clay almost done. I will be playing with it tomorrow - I love how white it is! I am thinking I am going to need Santa to bring me the BIG container of super pearl now. icon_biggrin.gif

Those lace molds are going on my christmas list now too......

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #46 of 66

Glad you like it Cindy! It is the bomb.com for making pearls and pressed lace. I also do all my side ribbons from that as well. And....the best part, next to how well it performs...is, it's almost all chocolate. When I tell people...that is chocolate lace, choc. pearls, ect...their eyes light up. People love to hear chocolate! I know some that make their pressed lace out of gumpaste..... ewww (in my opinion). I want it to be REALLY good.

Have fun playing! Make sure you knead it up one time before using, then let firm up again.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #47 of 66

Thanks Jennifer. I can't wait to play with it. I am impressed already, and haven't even put it in the mold! icon_smile.gif

I hope Santa thinks I have been good this year, because I have a big list for him. thumbs_up.gif (with lots of pink packages under the tree!!)

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #48 of 66

LOL, you are to funny Cindy!

Santa will get his gifts already wrapped in Christmas tissue icon_smile.gif What a lucky Santa - LOL!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:13pm
post #49 of 66

Christmas tissue......I KNOW the Santa helper that lives here will absolutely LOVE that - he will have no wrapping to do himself!! icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #50 of 66

icon_biggrin.gif

Santa's elves are crafty like that icon_lol.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #51 of 66

Ok, here's what confused me about what you said...I got BLUE First Impression molds from CK...HMMMM...

Paul

JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:38pm
post #52 of 66

CK was making their pearl molds from a blue silicone, but now they switched to a white. But for years they were blue.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 7:39pm
post #53 of 66

OK - I am loving my new toys! Here is the pic of my first pearls from the molds I got from JenniferMI - made with her recipe for chocolate pearl clay. I am glad I got the one I did - they look so real!!! (and remember, these are my first ones, so be easy folks!) icon_wink.gif THANKS JenniferMI!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1508321&done=1

JenniferMI Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #54 of 66

Holy Canolli girl.... YOU'VE GOT IT!!!! They really are not difficult to make, you just need to see the process/steps.

I'm proud of you and your new pearls! Wait till you tell people they are chocolate pearls...that makes their eyes light up!!!

Thanks for sharing your pics...

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #55 of 66

If anyone needs to do the pearls, I HIGHLY recommend getting Jennifer's DVD - I had no trouble whatsoever making them right off the bat after watching it - and using her recipe. I still cannot get over how REAL they look (and I have tasted them too, YUMMM) icon_biggrin.gif

I have to say I had a student in one of my classes that had this same mold, and we had a hard time with it - which is why I wanted to try Jennifer's method. I am a visual learner - and she makes it very easy to follow!

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:18pm
post #56 of 66

I'd like to join in on the Jennifer Dontz love-train! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I also ordered several items from Jennifer recently, and she shipped everything out VERY quickly, and I also loved unwrapping all the pink tissue paper! icon_razz.gif I was also pleased because I ordered a shoe mold, and she wrote exactly what needs to be cut out from it, so that I'm sure not to make a mistake.

I'm already looking at making another purchase! I want the pearl mold, and the 5 petal rose cutter and some other stuff. Thanks Jennifer!

JenniferMI Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:28pm
post #57 of 66

The love-train!!!! OMG.... you girls are crack'in me up here!!!!!!!

It's just sooo nice to know that all the time/special touches I do are appreciated. I love helping people and am always happy to do so.

On those shoe molds, it would be awful if someone cut the wrong part, so I figure it's a little bit of effort on my part to assure someone doesn't make a mistake. If you don't have my step by step tutorial on the shoes, just let me know, I'm happy to forward it to you.

Thanks!!!!

((((((hugs))))))

Jen (beaming from ear to ear) icon_biggrin.gif

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:28pm
post #58 of 66

Thanks Jen!

I actually saw your tutorial on the 'Sharing and Caring' website. Do you have any more details than what's there, or are those instructions sufficient??

Nancy

JenniferMI Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #59 of 66

That's good Nancy....that is the same tutorial I had in my newsletter.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 11:46am
post #60 of 66

Thanks for the clarification, Jen.

Although I haven't seen your DVDs (yet....sigh...it's after November 1 so I can't personally purchase until Christmas is over...perhaps Santa will contact you!), is your method of making pearls like Sharon Zambitos?

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%