How Do I Make The Alstromeria Flower?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 10:29pm by tanyascakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make the alstomeria flowers? I got the cutters from Jen Dontz during a class last month and I am now ready to try them out. I would messag her, but I know how busy she gets. I am just hoping that maybe someon on here has given them a try.

TIA,
Tanya

PS, Jen if you happen to get on this message, I can't wait to see when I can get another class. I just didn't want to annoy you with a silly question-lol!

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 3

I make them very much like a lily. You can see them on one of my wedding cakes in my photos. I make the centers, using a find wire and tipping the ends of the wires with yellow gumpaste. Then color appropriately. The petals are wired each individually using a pale yellow paste for the base color (the ones i did were orange)then using different color oranges/ and a lime green for shading. If you can get ahold of a real flower it would be best to take apart and study the colors of the flower you want.

The thing i didn't like about my alstromeria is that i think i had the flower too opened it should be closed up a bit more (at least i think it should be)

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the info, Peg! I will have to get out the floral shops tomorrow to see if they carry them at all! BTW, yours look great! But I know what yu mean about when you should have closed it more, I get picky like that too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%