No Where Else To Vent....

Lounge By cakesbybert Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 1:46am by cakesbybert

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:07am
post #31 of 52

I love my MIL. She is a wonderful woman, generous, kind, loving. I cannot imagine she would ever snoop thru our house, or rearrange anything.

But we both agree on the old adage "Relatives and fish have something in common: After 3 days, they both begin to stink."

So, whenever she comes to visit from out of state, she stays at a hotel.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:07pm
post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaulir

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

And the dildo thing mgiht not work, depending on the MIL. One of my co-workers came to work all skeezed out one day, and told us that her mother had called her to say that she'd bought a new dildo, and DID SHE WANT THE OLD ONE because it was still "perfecty good." icon_eek.gif

Wow. There's just some stuff you don't want second-hand from your mother.

ROFLMAO!!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #33 of 52
Quote:

Quote:

And the dildo thing mgiht not work, depending on the MIL. One of my co-workers came to work all skeezed out one day, and told us that her mother had called her to say that she'd bought a new dildo, and DID SHE WANT THE OLD ONE because it was still "perfecty good." icon_eek.gif

HOOO boy, I missed this comment the first time. Reminds me of the old commercials showing the mother & daughter having the conversation about being 'not so fresh'. Not exactly my idea of a kumbaya moment. icon_eek.gif

Back to the OP...I guess the good thing is that you don't see her very often...maybe when she comes back for the graduation, give her the gift of a lovely hotel room nearby. thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm
post #34 of 52
Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahaha! Ewwww, so true!

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:36pm
post #35 of 52

Wish the motel was an option - live out in the middle of the country not close to motel - taking her back and forth to a motel would be a royal pain.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:29pm
post #36 of 52

How about a tent in the woods? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding...sorta...

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:26pm
post #37 of 52

You're letting her come back in May? ARGGGGGGGH!

Why is it that some people can respect boundaries? I would not tolerate someone like her in my house. My home is my castle, my PRIVATE castle. and I'm very, very picky about who gets to visit. My house is little anyway and barely big enough for the 3 people who LIVE here. Personally I really perfer to stay in a hotel when I go visiting and think more people should quit being so cheap and do the same.

Anyway, it seems crazy that you have to lock everything up to keep her nose out of your business. Can you start a remodeling project in May and tell her it would be better if she stayed at a motel.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:40am
post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbybert

Thanks guys!!! Mental imagery is great!!! But I would just die before I could go into a store and buy any!!!!

Oh you can get them online. They ship 'em in unmarked packages. Uh .... um .... so I've heard. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a letter carrier, and I don't care if the packages are unmarked, we know whats in them. icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:43am
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys!!! Mental imagery is great!!! But I would just die before I could go into a store and buy any!!!!

Oh you can get them online. They ship 'em in unmarked packages. Uh .... um .... so I've heard. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a letter carrier, and I don't care if the packages are unmarked, we know whats in them. icon_wink.gif

Uh-oh! icon_eek.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #40 of 52

OP - your DH needs to man up and tell his mom in no uncertain terms that snooping through your stuff is NOT okay and that if she does it again she will no longer be welcome in your house. Yeah, she might get upset and act all offended, but don't let her get away with it, she's the one in the wrong here. Unfortunately, some people need boundaries spelled out to them in blatant terms.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:02am
post #41 of 52
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Uh-oh! icon_eek.gif

So that's why my letter carrier looks at me funny......... icon_cool.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:37am
post #42 of 52
Quote:

All I can say is "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:39am
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Uh-oh! icon_eek.gif

UPS and FedEx are more anonymous if you're not home during the day - don't actually have to see them, and it's usually someone different anyway.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:28pm
post #44 of 52

No way, no how. I would go off. I hate it when my husband does dishes and puts something in the wrong place. Rearranging my kitchen is a big no-no. As for the rest of my house, and going through my private things...on no she didn't. Me and MIL would be having at it. I don't go into her house (or maybe that is what you should do) snooping through her private things. And say, "well I was just trying to help you get organized." I don't play those games. She wants to go snooping in my house, she's going to hear about it.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:30pm
post #45 of 52

sweet mother of God.......

(oops, hit enter too soon!)

Funniest post EVER! I remember my Mom came over and started going thru my digital pics while she was waiting for me to get ready. She put it on slideshow, lol, and then kicked back..... little did she know I had taken a nice close up of my husband the week before and totally forgot about it.

A 5 megapixel camera on zoom can be a scaaaaaary thing! We still laugh about this as she will go NOWHERE near my computer now!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #46 of 52

First, I would be just furious but my mom wouldn't go through anything and my MIL would never even have thought about it. Sweet lady closed the curtains one day so she could want Dr. Ruth then had to call her daughter and ask her what some of those things were Dr. Ruth was talking about. icon_lol.gif

My grandparents used to have a building on their property that they used for storage. We used to love to go out and go through the old clothes and stuff. One day, when I was a teenager, me, my mom and my grandpa were out there just going through some stuff. My grandpa opened a drawer and pulled out a long white "massager". icon_wink.gif Mom and I just looked at each other while my grandpa rubbed it along his arm saying that might feel pretty good. icon_lol.gif Poor grandpa had no idea what it was.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #47 of 52

i'm going through something similar and am stressing to the nines about it right now.

my il's always stay with us once or twice a year for 4 or 5 days at a time. they irritate me by bringing coolers full of food they've gotten on sale that is really nothing but non name brand items that's lowfat or fat free, cheap cuts of meat and dented cans. who the hell goes to someone elses house and plans out the menu? i don't even like her cooking when i visit, let alone when i'm in my own home and am recovering from a csection!!!

then she tries to help by doing my dishes and does two things that drive me crazy every freakin time.

1. she uses a dish towel and sink full of soapy water to wash the dishes. she doesn't scrape the plates, so there's food floating in the water, and she ends up leaving food on the plates. then she takes the dishtowel that has this bacteria all over it and wipes off my countertops when she's done!!

2. although this last time i quite bluntly asked her to wait and let me put the dishes away since i know where they go, she still insisted on putting them where she thinks they go. i couldn't find my favorite pyrex casserole dish for two weeks...opened up my oven and there it was...the oven???????????

now here's why i'm stressing extra nowadays...i'm having our second child, a little boy, on friday morning, and we just got the news about 3 days ago that my 44 yr old husband has to have open heart surgery within the next month, as soon as we can get in...all of this means a housefull of people for the next month, but especially my mil who will insist on staying for weeks at a time, since she lives 8 1/2 hours away.

i just got done labeling every cabinet door in my kitchen with what goes in it...i swear, they'd better live by it!!!!!!!!

cakesbybert Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:38pm
post #48 of 52

mixinvixen - ooh I feel for you. Good luck with the new little baby. I hope everything goes well for your husband. I can't imagine the stress just of those two, but then to add all the other people plus a mil in the house.

As to my post - finally told husband about her going through things - he didn't know about the papers and such. Thankful I was cooled down from reading all your posts. So I was able to explain thing to him with out yelling. Well HE suggested "well if she does come back in May - maybe she should stay at the motel" And unknown to me - I think she had asked for money to help get out here - He said he would no way be giving her any money to come out. WELL I can guarantee she's not getting any money from me and I control what goes in and out of the check book!!! She can quit support her almost 50 son and his family. I mean she still goes out to the barn to milk cows at 70 something after knee surgery, because poor "sonny" can't do it his self - and his wife is too lazy to help!

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:16am
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i'm going through something similar and am stressing to the nines about it right now.

my il's always stay with us once or twice a year for 4 or 5 days at a time. they irritate me by bringing coolers full of food they've gotten on sale that is really nothing but non name brand items that's lowfat or fat free, cheap cuts of meat and dented cans. who the hell goes to someone elses house and plans out the menu? i don't even like her cooking when i visit, let alone when i'm in my own home and am recovering from a csection!!!

then she tries to help by doing my dishes and does two things that drive me crazy every freakin time.

1. she uses a dish towel and sink full of soapy water to wash the dishes. she doesn't scrape the plates, so there's food floating in the water, and she ends up leaving food on the plates. then she takes the dishtowel that has this bacteria all over it and wipes off my countertops when she's done!!

2. although this last time i quite bluntly asked her to wait and let me put the dishes away since i know where they go, she still insisted on putting them where she thinks they go. i couldn't find my favorite pyrex casserole dish for two weeks...opened up my oven and there it was...the oven???????????

now here's why i'm stressing extra nowadays...i'm having our second child, a little boy, on friday morning, and we just got the news about 3 days ago that my 44 yr old husband has to have open heart surgery within the next month, as soon as we can get in...all of this means a housefull of people for the next month, but especially my mil who will insist on staying for weeks at a time, since she lives 8 1/2 hours away.

i just got done labeling every cabinet door in my kitchen with what goes in it...i swear, they'd better live by it!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with the new baby andyour husband's surgery.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:25am
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Uh-oh! icon_eek.gif

UPS and FedEx are more anonymous if you're not home during the day - don't actually have to see them, and it's usually someone different anyway.

Ladies, I guess I'm the only one with no modesty, because I will go right in the store that sells that kind of stuff, look at everything they have, pick what I want, and then stand there at the counter to pay for it while they put the test batteries in it and it jumps around on the counter. icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Funniest post EVER! I remember my Mom came over and started going thru my digital pics while she was waiting for me to get ready. She put it on slideshow, lol, and then kicked back..... little did she know I had taken a nice close up of my husband the week before and totally forgot about it.

A 5 megapixel camera on zoom can be a scaaaaaary thing! We still laugh about this as she will go NOWHERE near my computer now!

+

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh no! That's hilarious!

This isn't as bad, but I just got a new phone and it scrolls through the pictures when you tip it sideways. While DH had the flu I was bored and I drew a smiley face on his butt with a permanent marker, then took a picture of it on the phone to show him. Then totally forgot about it until I was showing my newest cake photo to a friend and she accidentally tipped the phone and saw his smiling moon!

cakesbybert Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:46am
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

+

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh no! That's hilarious!

This isn't as bad, but I just got a new phone and it scrolls through the pictures when you tip it sideways. While DH had the flu I was bored and I drew a smiley face on his butt with a permanent marker, then took a picture of it on the phone to show him. Then totally forgot about it until I was showing my newest cake photo to a friend and she accidentally tipped the phone and saw his smiling moon!

ROFLMAO!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%