Newbie Here!

Decorating By EvelynsNana Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 12:33am by Rylan

EvelynsNana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvelynsNana Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 12

thumbs_up.gif WOW! I'm on overload already!!! I just stumbled onto this website and immediately signed up. I've just recently taken up cake decorating as a hobby. I've always loved to cook and bake and my husband loves to eat so we're a match made in heaven!

I've never taken any classes on cake decorating, but just signed up for the wilton class 1 at our local hobby lobby. I have made two cakes covered with fondant and decorated and both seem to have turned out ok. Not the greatest, but didn't expect them to be masterpieces the first time out. Yes, I'm realistic.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you all as well.

Thanks for the great community!
Maureen[/img]

11 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 12

Welcome to CC Maureen, I'm sure you will be hooked in no time just like the rest of us. And congratulations on your 2 cakes. You will grow and thats the important thing to remember.

We're here for you.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 12

Hi and Welcome to CC, EvelynsNana. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC cake and other flavors) - and so much more!

HTH

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 12

Welcome to CC - you'll soon be addicted! icon_biggrin.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 12

Hi and welcome to CC, get settled and have a small notebook by your side and jot down hints and small reminders.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 12

Image Jump on up!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 12

Welcome to CC..Your'e gonna love it here!!!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 12

You are gonna love this place. Welcome.

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 12

Where is Wiliston? I live in Southwest Florida (Ft. Myers) and love Hobby Lobby but didn't know there was one in Florida? Also welcome and this site is very addicting as is the WARNING on their homepage. Good luck.

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 12

Welcome, welcome! This is THE best site for all your questions. Everyone here is so kind and helpful. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

EvelynsNana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvelynsNana Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 11:22pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARYBETH09

Where is Wiliston? I live in Southwest Florida (Ft. Myers) and love Hobby Lobby but didn't know there was one in Florida? Also welcome and this site is very addicting as is the WARNING on their homepage. Good luck.

Williston is in north central Florida, near Gainesville (Go Gators!!) but the hobby lobby is in Ocala, about the same distance from me.

Thank you all for the welcome & tips.

Maureen

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:33am
post #12 of 12

Hi Maureen, Welcome to CC!

I have compiled a few tutorials I found online. Check out my signature for the links.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%