Cookie Prices

Baking By loriemoms Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 2:53pm by thecookieladycc

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 5

I make decorated cookies, but I also make some wonderful bar cookies and chocoalte chip cookies and give them out at christmas. I now have customers asking if they can buy them from me this year. I have NO idea how much to charge for a chocolate chip cookie or a mexican tea cake cookie. DO you charge by the pound?

Also, I am looking for a recipe to make the really big chocolate chip cookies..can anyone point one to me?

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

I've seen several websites (thru cake central) where people charge .50 for each drop chocolate chip cookie. For instance, they will sell 6 cookies for $3.00. Or 12 cookies for $6.00. I'm not sure how big they are - but they seem to be the normal size.

I'm pretty sure that IndyDebi sells her cookies 12 for $6. You could check out her website, in case something has changed.

Hope that helps.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 5

FIgure out how muchthey cost you to make them. When I make chocolate chip cookies they aren't cheap to make. I use real butter, vanilla bean, and I chop up imported bar chocolate rather than using chips. My costs are a lot more than one using margarine and sam's club chocolate chips so my cost to pass on to the customer would higher. The only way you can price them for yourself is to figure out how much it costs to make them and factor in labor. See how many you get per batch and divide it out that way.

You should be able to take your choco chip cookie recipe and make one giant one from it. I have done that with the recipe I use and just baked it at a lower temp so the edges don't burn before the middle is done. I made a 14" cookie.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 5

Just made a 14 inch cookie this weekend for a friend. She was very thankful as the place at the mall would only make her cookie in chocolate icing or white icing - no color as they could not make it cost effective icon_confused.gif As she was a friend, I did make her a cookie. She sent me a thank you note and a $20 as that is what she would have had to pay. She knows my cookie was made with "real" quality ingredients not the cheapo depot mall ingredients. I do not do this as a business and therefore did not workout a price, but look around town and see what others charge as well.

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 5

I would set down and find out exactly how much it cost to make a batch of cookies (eggs, sugar, chocolate chips, butter, packaging, ect), then divide that to see how much it cost per cookie. Once you figure that you need to decide how much of a profit you want to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%