Hi All, I'm New Here...

Decorating By TamiLahey Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 10:54am by andpotts

TamiLahey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiLahey Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 11

Hi from Colorado! I came across this site and just had to join, so much talent ....gezzzzzzz ladies!!!
I'm a teddy bear designer but I love to bake cakes. Want to learn all I can to make my home made cakes better. Would love to learn how to make sugar paste flowers. I have purchased a few books and learning from a ton of free videos on the net. It is so wonderful to be around so much talent. The cakes I have seen on here are so wonderful.
hugz
Tami

10 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 11

Hi TamiLahey, welcome to cc
Jump in and enjoy, if you need anything just ask

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:22am
post #3 of 11

Hi and Welcome to CC, TamiLahey. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

HTH

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:41am
post #4 of 11

Welcome to CC
and JanH our Moderator put it all together for you, isn't she great.

I would also like to add,you can check out youtube and look for tonedna1 she has lots of great tutorials especially sugarflowers. she also brought out a tutorial dvd, stargazer lily, it is a step by step, a lot of us bought it, and is working on it right now. her site is www.designmeacake.com
check out this thread.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-652012.html
also this site sells tutorial DVD's and they are great www.sugaredproductions.com

and this one www.sugardelites.com
they are all members, here and top sugar artist.

and also if you look in my signature one of the members, complied a lot of tutorials and put them in one place.

TamiLahey Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 11

Thanks Ladies, wonderful links, and yes I just purchased the Stargazer Lily DVD. She is wonderful at teaching, I have watched all of the youtube videos.
thanks again,
Tami

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:20am
post #6 of 11

Welcome

They forgot to say how addictive this site is. It is the first thing I check when I get up and the last thing before I go to bed and I do take a peek now and then during the day in case I miss something. It really is a fun place and everyone is very helpful.

TamiLahey Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:32am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10148

Welcome

They forgot to say how addictive this site is. It is the first thing I check when I get up and the last thing before I go to bed and I do take a peek now and then during the day in case I miss something. It really is a fun place and everyone is very helpful.

Hi Denise, yes I can see that, I have spent hours looking through the threads! icon_biggrin.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:11am
post #8 of 11

Welcome Tami,

Since you design Teddy Bears I think your gonna fit in very nicely round these parts and cant wait to see some of your creations cake and non cake icon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:27am
post #9 of 11

Hello and Welcome to CC, Tami! Be sure and click the "warning" on the left side of the webpage! icon_biggrin.gif

A thread you might enjoy: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-650240.html

~Anna

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:21am
post #10 of 11

Hello and welcome to Cc. Hope you enjoy it here as much as i have icon_smile.gif

caths_Cakes

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:54am
post #11 of 11

Hi Tami!
Just wanted to add my welcome and say what a cool job, a teddy bear designer! I think you are going to have a blast translating some of that talent into your cakes, I can't wait to see. Hope you're around alot. As others have said this site and decorating in general can quickly become an addiction! I have learned so much and met some of the nicest and most talented people ever! Have fun and welcome again! Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%