Help! Need Cream Cheese Frosting!

Baking By chefdot Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 5:31am by chefdot

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:17am
post #1 of 7

So I am doing a cake for a friend for her wedding and she wants cream cheese frosting. I need something that will be good and stable for cupcakes and her big cake that will be also covered in fondant. I am worried about coloring as well with it since I need a hot pink color to take to it well. Also want something I won't worry about with the cake and cupcakes sitting out while the reception is going on... and of course something yummy. I also want to have plenty to go around and was hoping to have one to use for her bridal shower cake this weekend, which if it's able to crust over to smooth nicely would be a plus.
Anyone??? Any recipe ideas????
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:26am
post #2 of 7

this is the one that i use... i use a little more powdered sugar than what i calls for i believe...just for a little more stiffness...i have used this to decorate a cake before and we had it out in the texas heat in may for a graduation...i believe i have a pic of the cake i made in my photos....it is the orange and white graduation cake

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

chefdot Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 7

yum... I will have to try that one. Anyone else have a good crusting one???

chefdot Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 7

bump

suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 7

also one thing i forgot to mention was that i found beating the cream cheese when it was still cold worked out better for me than letting it get to room temp...i know there are many that say you should let it get to room temp but i thought it did better as cold

chefdot Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:22am
post #6 of 7

OK I need a cream cheese frosting that has NO BUTTER in it since that's the major culprit to making the frosting melty.
I just did a recipe with 1 cup of shortening and 1 stick of cream cheese and powdered sugar and the bride said she didn't taste the cream cheese and it was too like buttercream... I love it and I hate buttercream so I think the other way... so now I am back to the drawing board... 6 days before the wedding!
HELP!!!!!
Maybe I can do 2 sticks of cream cheese and powdered sugar but thinking it might be too thin. So maybe throw in some shortening with it and no butter flavoring at all. Ugh!
Plus she wants to do a taste of each one I do to make sure she likes it before the wedding.... so I am making so much frosting I CAN'T EVEN USE! Not to mention that she is getting this cake cheap as a favor! Ugh!
HELP ME PLEASE! ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE WONDERFUL!

chefdot Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:31am
post #7 of 7

ooooo... what about incorporating some marshmallow fluff into it???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%