Painting Brushes??

Decorating By scionmom Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm by scionmom

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if there is a special way to get all the luster dust or paint out of the brushes after using them or is it just easier to have one for each color?? I have so many that I cant get all of the color out and then when i think I do and try to use it with a different color, it comes out funky... Any and all tips will be greatly appreciated!

4 replies
Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 5

The dollar tree loves me.

I have pencil boxes for every color of dust and I just sharpie each with "red dust" "pink dust" "orange dust" and I have paint brushes in each only for those colors.

To make my OCD even worse I have paint brushes in each color box that match for the dust.... seriously. If I ever grab the pink box needing yellow and I have a pink paint brush in my hand I know I grabbed the wrong box.

I always self check the color of brush I'm using before I dip brushes too mixes now... don't ask me how I know. thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 5

I want to say I heard at the ICES convention to use cornstarch to get the color out of your brushes. I usually wash them right away with soap and water (though I also heard that wasn't good for the brushes). I do have some that I have used with crystal colors that I haven't even tried to clean because the colors are very vibrant.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 5

Cornstarch - no water.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm!!! YEAH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%