Thank You For All Your Help!! Finished Product. . .

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 4:27am by LeckieAnne

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 4

Thank you so much for all the help over the last week. I have finally finished my cake for work. . I am not 100% satisfied with it, but overall it turned out ok.

My first issue is that there is a noticeable line in the middle of the cake where I pushed the two halves together (half chocolate and half vanilla cake). I forgot to smother the crack in buttercream (I'll only make that mistake once!)

My chocolate transfer turned out not too bad for the first try. . .I was in too much of a hurry and put the white chocolate on top of the blue while it was still warm which caused some bleeding of the blue into white, but it's ok.

What do you thinK??? Should I be embarrassed to show the customers this cake tomorrow?! LOL

(the picture should be in My Photos)

3 replies
kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:13am
post #2 of 4

I think you did a great job! I am sure they will be amazed and wonder how you did that. Nice work!

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:20am
post #3 of 4

you did a good job! and no you should not be in embarrassed. the more you work with something the better it gets. like you said you well remember to frost them together time(smile) it's all good! sammie

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:27am
post #4 of 4

I think it looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%