?? About Using Filling, And Is There A Wowzer Strawbery One?

Baking By Callyssa Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 4:31am by Callyssa

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #1 of 5

Well, I think it's time again to step outside of my comfort zone! I'd love to try a fruit filling, but for one, I'm afraid to, and two, I don't know where to start.

I'd really like to make it homemade, but if the sleeve kind is more consistent or produces better results I'd like to know. Does anyone have a great strawberry or raspberry filling they'd like to share?

How do I even use filling? Should I put a thin crumbcoat of icing in between the layers to prevent the filling from soaking into the cake? And I'm assuming I will need to make a sturdy dam around the edges to hold it all in? Really, any and all help would be so much appreciated! I've been wanting to try this but for some reason it scares me to death!

4 replies
Callyssa Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 5

Bump? I really need to know! I'm making a cake for tomorrow that I'd like to try a filling in! Thanks!

eperales0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 5

I have used a recipe from here for strawberry filling, you mix together
8onz of strawberry flavored cream cheese and one can of fluff marsh
mellow cream, add a little strawberry flavoring or you can add pureed
frozen strawberries. This is a very simple yet delicious filling, it goes
great with chocolate cake or vanilla too. I usually crumbcoat the cake
and add a rim of buttercream around the edge of the cake before I add
the filling, the rim prevents the filling from coming out the edges of the
cake. Good Luck!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 5

Look for my "strawberry butter cream filling"in the recipes... it has gotten great reviews and is my most requested filling... seriously, it is so easy and so delicious! Out of 32 reviews, it has a rating of 9.9 (I think the one review, which was not a 10 star, was from someone who did not make it right...it is addicting once you try it)... if you do not have Creme Bouquet, it is okay to make it once without it, but after you use the Creme Bouquet, you will always use it! Let me know what you think!

Lutie

Callyssa Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:31am
post #5 of 5

Thank you both so much! I'm actually planning to use a fresh strawberry filling but I'll definitely print your recipes off and use for other cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%