Need Help With Amoretti Extracts & Compounds...

Decorating By deanna_cake Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 2:33am by -K8memphis

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 6

I find the way they told me to convert how much extracts and compounds into my recipes very confusing. Could someone please explain it to me? I need help with my buttercream icing recipe and a cake recipe....would appreciate any help...thank you...
d

5 replies
AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know how, sorry. I can tell you what I did....I added the stuff to my buttercream until it tasted right. Seriously. Oh, and the flavours become stronger after time. Good luck!

deanna_cake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

any other takers? should i start out with 1 tsp? 1/2 tsp? surely someone has to know. The usual buttercream recipe I use is :

1/2 c. butter
3 1/2 c. PS
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
enough milk to make desired consistancy, less milk if i want a firmer bc, and more milk if I want it thinner...

Just wondering if I should just replace the vanilla, leave it in and add less milk, and what I should start off with?

****Average Mom-
how long does it take for the flavor to fully "develop"? what flavors have you used? do you have any recipes you'd like to share?
deanna

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 6

when I add amaretto to my bc. I replace all the liquid with it. But I don't use the extracts, I use the liquer. Love it. Will make it darker.

deanna_cake Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 1:58am
post #5 of 6

so can anyone help with the recipe i posted above? that's the bc i always use....please help...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:33am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna_cake

any other takers? should i start out with 1 tsp? 1/2 tsp? surely someone has to know. The usual buttercream recipe I use is :

1/2 c. butter
3 1/2 c. PS
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
enough milk to make desired consistancy, less milk if i want a firmer bc, and more milk if I want it thinner...

Just wondering if I should just replace the vanilla, leave it in and add less milk, and what I should start off with?

****Average Mom-
how long does it take for the flavor to fully "develop"? what flavors have you used? do you have any recipes you'd like to share?
deanna

Do you use raw egg yolk in your icing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%