*love* This Shade Of Pink & Green...any Suggestions?

Decorating By dailey Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm by dailey

dailey Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 17

just wondering if anyone has made these shades of pink and green? i'm hoping these are colors straight from the bottle and not mixed...maybe americolor? thanks!

http://www.studiocake.com/tiered%20_09.html

16 replies
G_Cakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 17

Looks like it could be americolor avocado green and the pink might be from there electric or neon color family.

HTH

LeckieAnne Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 17

Can't help you - but wow, yes, beautiful colors.

sewlora Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #4 of 17

Americolor Electric purple?

Texas_Rose Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:05am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewlora

Yes, that's it icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like the green could be Americolor's electric green too. I used electric green on the lighter leaves on these: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1475494 (only a couple in the picture, have to look closely for them)

chilz822 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:01am
post #6 of 17

that pink/purple looks like their regal purple

dailey Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 17

thanks everyone! and yes, now that i look at the picture again, i guess it is more of a purple than pink, lol!

Win Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewlora

I would agree that it is Electric Purple... I have some in my box and just used it last week and derived the same results.

Callyssa Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 17

I have Americolor Fuschia and this color is very similar to that, but I've only used it once, so can't say exactly. I LOVE the electric purple fwiw! For the green I mix Americolor Avocado with Electric Green and get exactly that color; it's my favoritist green ever!! icon_smile.gif

dailey Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:49pm
post #10 of 17

thanks again...just placed an order for those colors!

Win Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 12:30am
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

...For the green I mix Americolor Avocado with Electric Green and get exactly that color; it's my favoritist green ever!! icon_smile.gif

Callyssa, based on your super-enthusiastic endorsement, I bought Americolor Avocado today. Can't wait to try it (the combo of the two) thumbs_up.gif

edit/typo

Callyssa Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #12 of 17

Ahhh! I hope you like it as well as I do! I just adjust the amount of avacado vs. electric green to get a more toned down, or brighter green, depending on what I'm looking for. I'm not one to EVER use a single color! Sometimes I also add in a touch of Wilton Juniper Green if I want it darker. I hope I didn't steer you wrong!

Win Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:28pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

Ahhh! I hope you like it as well as I do! I just adjust the amount of avacado vs. electric green to get a more toned down, or brighter green, depending on what I'm looking for. I'm not one to EVER use a single color! Sometimes I also add in a touch of Wilton Juniper Green if I want it darker. I hope I didn't steer you wrong!

I'm the color mixing Queen! --Can't help it, spent too many years painting and mixing colors that way as well. icon_biggrin.gif

Callyssa Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 17

Me too!! I always add 2-3 colors of bc in the decorating bag too; I think it gives a more realistic look!

tonedna Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:46pm
post #15 of 17

They look like the green is electric green from Americolor. The pink one looks like
The electric pink but seems shaded with purple.
Edna icon_smile.gif

janebrophy Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:56pm
post #16 of 17

Wow, I just had to pipe in and say what gorgeous freaking cakes were on that website!! I"m in love!! icon_smile.gif
And, to the OP, good luck with your colors! icon_wink.gif

dailey Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm
post #17 of 17

thanks again...can't wait to get playing with colors : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%