What To Do??

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 12:08am by Texas_Rose

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 3

I was looking through some cake ad's on craigslist today (yes i am a bit of a creeper lol)

anywho I was looking at one blog and the lady has a few cakes that i know for sure are not done by her but she has her name written on the picture. on the side of her gallery it say "these are cakes that i have done and can do"

It makes me a little unfortable should i just ignore it or email her or email the original creator?

Anywho I know there has been some other discussions on this before but wanted to get some opinions.

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 3

I totally respect your desire to protect other bakers and their art, but I "think" the CC policy is not to publish the websites and start threads about stolen work? I think it's a no-no here? icon_confused.gif Read this announcement from Heath:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599423.html

icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:08am
post #3 of 3

If you've never seen it in the past, these threads usually turn horrible, with a lot of people whose work wasn't stolen emailing or calling the website owner. I would suggest you edit your post to take out the name of the website and then send PM's to anyone whose cake you saw there, or give people the link if they ask for it by PM, to avoid violating CC policy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%