Airbrush?

Decorating By cakecitycakes Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 12:39am by UberSpoonyG

cakecitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecitycakes Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a specific airbrush kit that they could recommend along with a couple of hints on how to get started with this medium of decorating?
It looks like I might be needing this to work on an upcoming cake and I want to be prepared!
Thanks! Nicole icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 5

TCP global. Abd Kit 20 for me! Love it....absolutely love it. It also came with large bottles of americolor. Great for beginner but not the cheapest youhttp://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/cakesys.aspx can get.

Yeah, this next website isn't really for cakers, but it really helped me understand a lot of things.
http://howtoairbrush.com/

cakecitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecitycakes Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I checked out the website and the prices didn't even seem that bad to me. I'm up in Canada so I don't know if that company ships up here or if they have a distributor locally. I'm going to email them and find out, thanks again!

UberSpoonyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UberSpoonyG Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

Hello.....oh yes,I can give you some advice, basicly,any airbrush that you are comfortable with will work (at 20 PSI's or lower air pressure.)most can.
Things to keep in mine how ever are: Is Airbrush useful for right handed and left handed persons
.....do you plan on airbrushing caKe laying flat or will you have cake on angle to paint ( if flat, get airbrush that has a covered paint cup, If cake will be at a angle,and the only way i found to do that is to build a cake Esel yourself, I have designed one that i soon will have available(there are non on market) made out of a box.
......If you can, try to chill cake for at least 15 minute to aid with adhesion of paint and give surface a more firm surface.
That should get you started, any other questions, give me a whistle!
Live to paint,Paint to live ! icon_biggrin.gif [/b]

UberSpoonyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UberSpoonyG Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5

oops, I had wronge blogspot on my signature!! its corrected now! Please check it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%