Tiffany Blue Cupcake Pops

Baking By WebDiva Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 1:11am by stashie

WebDiva Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 11

I need to make some Tiffany blue cupcake pops, but I cannot find a color close enough to this to use with the candy melts. Any thoughts? I have never actually used the candy melts before. Is it possible to use royal icing instead?

10 replies
feverfixer Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 11

You can buy candy colors or use Americolor flo-coat with any of their colors to tint white candy melts. You cannot color candy with normal cake coloring as it will seperate. I am not sure exactly what color combination you would need but you could experiment with the blues and aqua.
HTH
Diane

beckah78 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 11

I am also looking for this color. If anyone knows what color food coloring it is, that would be great!
Thanks!

cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 11

Michael's carries some candy candy colors. It's in the chocolate section. They are oil based colors.

Hope this helps.

whitet4 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 11

You can use regular americolor/wilton if you add paramount crystals to the melts.

pattycakescookies Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 11

I am also interested in knowing how to achieve a Tiffany Blue for fondant or buttercream or royal icing or anything. I don't know how to achieve this color.

stashie Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:13am
post #7 of 11

I've mixed Wilton teal and sky blue for buttercream and fondant, worked great.

beckah78 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:16am
post #8 of 11

Thanks!

pattycakescookies Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashie

I've mixed Wilton teal and sky blue for buttercream and fondant, worked great.

Thanx for the response. Do you mix it in equal parts??

stashie Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #10 of 11

I just added a little bit of both, mixed well and then adjusted from there. I was luck enough to have my customer give me a small Tiffany bag to judge the color by, otherwise I would have had to have my laptop in the kitchen opened to a Tiffany pic to go by.

stashie Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:11am
post #11 of 11

I just added a little bit of both, mixed well and then adjusted from there. I was luck enough to have my customer give me a small Tiffany bag to judge the color by, otherwise I would have had to have my laptop in the kitchen opened to a Tiffany pic to go by.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%