Pearls??

Decorating By AmandaKate Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm by __Jamie__

AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 10

How should I go about attaching pearls around the bottoms of the tiers on a cake on the outside of a ribbon??? Like this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1472273

....now I'm assuming here that these are a string of pearls and not individual ones.....any ideas? icon_rolleyes.gif

9 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 10

Most likely molded from a CK mold, which makes a continuous strand of whole pearls. Just lay em on there, securing with a dab of GP glue, piping gel, a bit of water, whatever.

AmandaKate Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 10

would it be possible to use a string of fake pearls?

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 10

If you're into fake pearls, sure.

AmandaKate Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 10

any suggestions on how to fasten the two ends?

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 10

A teeny bit of GP glue, piping gel, corn syrup, whatever is sticky and won't show.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 10

Look closely at the profile of the pearls on the sides of the cake. Those are not whole beads. I think that is a pearl border from a First Impression Mold. The open cavity 1/2 mold.

There is also a CK pearl bead mold that makes perfectly round pearls. perfectly round pearls will stand off the cake a little more then that.

I would not use fake beads as the string shows and the beads are too a apart and it doesn't look as designer as that cake looks. That is a very pretty design!

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 10

Mmmmm, looks like it Sad! A PM to the person who made it could confirm it as well, eh?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 10:00pm
post #9 of 10

Are you telling me you like my eyes??? Batting lashes furiously, shrugs shoulders and tilting head to the side-my good side.

Oh crap now you're gonna want some bacon-I'm outa here! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #10 of 10

I love a good slab a' bacon! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%