Cookie Pricing

Baking By karaskonfections Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm by LaBellaFlor

karaskonfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karaskonfections Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 5

A girlfriend of mine is opening up a salon and she is interested in ordering hair dryer cookies to give out as favors. They will be wrapped with ribbon and tag. She needs about 2000 of them. What would be a fair price for these cookies? I just want to make sure that she is not being overcharged for them. Thanks for any input you have!!!

4 replies
kristyokronley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristyokronley Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 5

Wow is your hand going to be tired!!! That's a huge order. $3 a cookie. Some people charge by the size- $1 an inch.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 5

It depends on the cookie size.I charge $1.00 per inch so if the cookie is 4 inches I charge $4.00 plus 50 cents for the ribbon and 50 cents for the cellophane bag.Some will say this is too much but cookies are 3 times more work than a standard cake so make sure you are charging enough for your time!! I really wouldn't do them for less than $3.00 each so times that by 2000 would be....$6000.00 and I doubt she will pay that!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 5

The cookies sound SO cute though!

But I agree with Kiddiecakes - I doubt she's going to by $6000 worth of cookies. Why don't you ask her what her budget is?

Or see if you can just sell the cookies there on your own?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 5

I don't do cookies in general, so I'm gonna go with the cookie experts. But I do know they usually sell for a $3 a piece average. And Kiddiekakes ain't lieing about the work involved. I have done them, time consuming, beautiful, very sore hand and wrist. And 2000?!?! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%