One Flower Nail Is Enough?

Decorating By Kookie Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm by Kookie

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 7

I am baking 12"x18"x2" WASC and want to know if ONE flower nail is enough to bake evenly?
I don't have any good experiences for using baking strips so just want to use flower nails.
Thanks.

6 replies
sarkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarkee Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 7

I use 2 in my 11x15 and the cake strips. I have always been told to use a flower nail for anything 10" and over. I love the cake strips. I never thought they would work, but I was wrong.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 7

I'd say two are a better bet. Usually with that size pan, I place them about six inches (I eyeball it, but place them at an equal distance from each side.) There is not one directly in the middle as would be in a round pan.

HTH!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkee

I use 2 in my 11x15 and the cake strips. I have always been told to use a flower nail for anything 10" and over. I love the cake strips. I never thought they would work, but I was wrong.

I have grown to love my baking strips as well... but did not like them in the beginning. Decided what I did not like was trying to pin them with the pins they provided in the package. Now, I simply use one of those "grippy" clips clamped over the rim of the pan to keep them from slipping. Some others here on CC have sewn Velcro closures on them. My clips work great for me, and I don't have to get out the sewing machine! icon_biggrin.gif

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 7

I have used 2 and even 3 along with my homemade baking strips - don't know that 3 was any better than 2 but in that big a pan, at least 2.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 7

love the strips and the nails, won't bake without them

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 7

I will use two flower nails as you guys have suggested.
Thank you

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%