Vanilla Mousse?

Baking By confectionsofahousewife Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 1:53am by prterrell

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:26am
post #1 of 8

I saw mentioned somewhere that vanilla mousse filling would be a good compliment to an orange flavor cake. I would like to try this but can't find a vanilla mousse recipe anywhere. Can someone help? Also , if you do have a recipe does it have to be refrigerated? Is there any way around that? I dont have much fridge space! TIA

7 replies
Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 8

I always use the recipe that Macsmom gave me which is just coolwhip or bettercreme with vanilla instant pudding...everyone LOVES it. I use the dairy free coolwhip and I have left it out in a cool room with no problem. Not sure if that's the right thing to do or if I've just been lucky. hth

confectionsofahousewife Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I believe macsmom's recipe was the one I was looking for. I'm very new at this so I need to ask what is bettercreme? Is it the same as coolwhip? Where do you buy it? Also, how long did you leave your cake out for? A few hours or a day? I try to get mine done the day before I need them so they sit out at least overnight.

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 8

I do leave mine out overnight. Again, I don't know if you are supposed to but I've never had an issue. Granted I keep them where it is cool (at least 67 degrees or lower)...I would not leave it out where it would be really warm.
I have heard you can get bettercreme at Sam's club. I think it is like coolwhip but I have never seen it. The coolwhip I use, everyone really likes and I mix diff. flavor instant puddings depending on the cake...I've done chocolate, lemon, strawberry and vanilla so far icon_smile.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #5 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7501/vanilla-bean-cheesecake-mousse

Here is mine, it is delicious. It does have to be refridgerated though. I wont leave it out more like like 4-6 hours. You can sub cool whip for the whipping cream to save on price and time. It also gives it a bit more stability. It doesnt taste overly cheesecakey even though it has cream cheese in it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 8

Mmmm...I love mousse. Vanilla mousse sounds heavenly.

Thanks for the recipe Jayde!

confectionsofahousewife Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 8

I made your recipe Jayde! It was great, thanks for sharing.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

Vanilla mousse would be basically the same as Bavarian cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%